New Diver Medic Training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would be careful using the title Diver Medic or DMT, as that's already in use and refers to someone who's been certified by the National Board of Diving and Hyperbaric Medical Technology as a DMT (or a few other certifying bodies too.) I took the NBDHMT DMT course a few years ago and the prerequisites were to be a EMT (Paramedic STRONGLY recommended/preferred), and a certified diver. I've been a Paramedic for 20 years and it was one of the more challenging EMS courses I've taken. My course was 9 days, with clinical/practical exercises worked in to almost every day. Scenarios started with diver recovery and went through a modified treatment schedule in the chamber, with students working as the inside tender, and other students running the chamber. Your program sounds like a great next step beyond EFR- and like a great opportunity for people to get additional training. I would just use the DMT title with caution.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom