processing software? what do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lightroom and Photoshop together.

Lightroom is an outstanding photo organization system that has a pretty good editor built-in.

Photoshop is probably the best photo editing software made, but it has no inherent photo organization system.

The two together are incredibly powerful and well integrated.

-Charles

For >95% of my image processing, Adobe Lightroom is great.

If I need to do any serious, pixel-level editing, I go to Photoshop. But I still use LR for cataloging purposes.

Lightroom - I'm still on the last version that wasn't by subscription - it really is a fantastic piece of software

Darktable is quite good (and free) but if you are an experienced LR/PS person the learning curve is steep.
Bill

Has anyone had any experience with PaintShop Pro and correcting color of underwater photographs? I'm not really an underwater photographer, just an occasional GoPro'er, so I haven't tried color correction on dive photos with it, but I use both Photoshop Elements and PaintShop Pro for regular photographs (more for graphics, actually), and find the latter both much more intuitive than Photoshop, and also reasonably powerful.

If anyone has used Paintshop Pro for this purpose, please weigh in. After Christmas, I'll have more need of either filters or computers to improve some photography.

Unfortunately, Paintshop Pro is Windows only. So when on my Mac, I'm stuck with Photoshop Elements.

DxO Photolab 3 extremely cost effective and integrates with lightroom and photoshop
Can you transfer a large LR catalog to it and keep the editing metadata? I don't want to lose the work on on my old pix.

Back
Top Bottom