Musk to stand trial in defamation suit by cave rescuer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The guy in Thailand will be long forgotten but Teslas will probably be condemned forever to be called Pedo-Cars.
Call someone a paedo in the UK and their house gets attacked as that paediatrician found out a few years ago. The diver will be remembered by the families for a long time, whereas how will Mr M be remembered by those who know him?

I suspect that the jury was swayed by the fact that Unsworth had thrown the first stone (this shouldn't have mattered, but it probably entered into it). Unsworth had called Musk's appearance a publicity stunt (which it probably was) and told him to stick his submarine up his posterior.

Possibly. But I agree with @lowwall's analysis. I think Musk is an ass and I'm a lot less likely to buy a Tesla now than I was before this whole thing happened, but that wasn't the question before the jury. I hate that he won, but I think it was the legally correct result.

Unsworth didn't appear to suffer damages because people dismissed the claims that he was a pedophile as likely unfounded and the result of Musk being butt-hurt. If Unsworth had been anyone else that had not just achieved a heroic and treacherous rescue, he would likely have suffered damages from being called a pedophile.

musk will use all his money to get the best team ever so it may not go well for the other guy , you can bet if he (as we all do ) have skeletons in the closet they will come out , id hate to be him

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom