Used gear Curaçao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wind Warrior

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi All,
In Curaçao for 4 more weeks. Weight rentals run at $3+ per day. Wondering if there is a used gear forum or Facebook page where I could buy used weights? Or if I buy new weights (cheaper than renting everyday), anyone know where I could sell them before I fly back to Canada? Just considering all options before I spend close to $100 on weight rentals. Any suggestions?
Dank je.

Have you tried to negotiate something with the dive shop/operator.? Are new weights that expensive in Curacao?

Just bring it with you, that's what we do after paying like a $100 for two of us for weights for a week. Especially easy if you are allowed a sports bag with your airline you are flying.

Oh sorry, didn't read in detail that you were already in Curacao... can't really bring them with you if you are already there. Find some good rocks :) Best of luck!

4 plus weeks diving in Cur and you are sweating the cost of renting weights?

Who are you renting tanks from? I've never had to pay for lead

You could always find a dive shop that doesn't charge for lead separately. I have never really understood why dive shops charge separately for tanks and lead.

i would hope if you were diving that much and renting that many tanks, that "if" you were using one shop for those rentals they would cut you a deal. maybe even n/c for the weight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom