Do New C Cards Have a Disclaimer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pauldw

Contributor
Reaction score
I read on a local Facebook group that new certification cards have a disclaimer saying they're only valid with proof of recent diving or retraining (instead of just being valid forever). Does anyone know if new, say PADI, cards actually say that?

Facebook group you say? It was that Jay Why Coostow guy again, right? He’s always been very reliable, the problem ensues when you Google translate from French.

How would one “prove” recent diving? A log book written in ink? Who writes anymore?

@pauldw You’re the SOLO diver here...who’s going to vouch for you?

Anybody with a card issued before today, that won’t apply to those.

OK, joking aside- why would any agency print such a thing on a C Card. They do not print usage rules on cards, why would they pick a “rule” that, if it existed, any LDS would be quite aware of?

it’s illogical in it’s described application.

And, if it was even close to real, I think you might have read it on Scuba Board first. Now... step away from the Face Book.

Surely whomever made such a claim posted photos of the disclaimer on the cards to back that up, right?

If it's on Facebook it has to be true....right?

I find your lack of faith...disturbing. In my experience, most of what is posted on the Internet is a reflection of either cupidity or stupidity. Wait, that's not right! Sincerity and credibility?

Surely whomever made such a claim posted photos of the disclaimer on the cards to back that up, right?

Don't call me "Shirley." Nah, I asked for a photo, and none has been forthcoming.

Sounds like holiday marketing by an LDS to sell refresher classes.

Reactions: Doc
I read on a local Facebook group that new certification cards have a disclaimer saying they're only valid with proof of recent diving or retraining (instead of just being valid forever). Does anyone know if new, say PADI, cards actually say that?

Paul...

Instead of speculation from unreliable sources...why not contact the agencies if you're concerned...

I have been asked numerous times to verify ''deep'' open ocean experience...but never...''how many'' days/weeks/months since my most recent dive...

In Canada...with some exceptions...most divers are out of the water between mid December...through March...some Canadian West coast divers dive only in the winter due to poor summer visibility...

Thousands of divers are ''hot beach'' destination divers only...logging only a hand full of dives per season...

I ''always'' travel with my logbook...anyone who asks is more than welcome to view it...the shear volume alone...has been enough for the few who have asked...

I'm still familiar with the business end of a pen...and maintain my dive log religiously...I know most no longer do...using the excuse '' all my info is on my computer''...in most cases it's not...

My gear configuration has never been static...singles/doubles/rebreather/singles/doubles/wet suit/dry-suit/semi-dry-suit...etc...I can go back years in my logbook and know exactly what I dove with each dive...my logbook has always been an integral part of the whole system...personally...I can't see it being any other way...

Although I think of my diving as being in retirement mode...my kit changed three times this past season...rebreather/large singles/large doubles...and will change again in 2020...once for sure...possibly twice...to me that's part of the fun and enjoyment of the sport...

Just me...

Best..

W.W...

Cards do not say that, but, many dive operators require that you have been diving within 6 months to a year or do a reactivate. That is a function of operator liability, not the agency.

no disclaimer printed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom