Private transport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm guessing you've never been to Utila

Unless it's changed the red pickup is your cab. Most people that live there get around on ATV's

Try contacting Alic at Worldwide Travel - she's on Utila and books flights so she may know someone.

If you're going to Utopia Village or one of the SW side rebtal houses they pick you up from the town pier by boat and likely can arrange a ride from the airport.

It's a pretty small place....

On the weekends you can fly into Roatan, cab to the West End and take the ferry over. It docks at the same pier.

Does anybody have a recommendation for arranging transportation from the airport ahead of time.

Before you get any additional internet research, which particular island are you flying into, which property are you booked into?

Then DS could Google that up for ya.

^^^this

And....umm...the resort you’re headed to?

For such a small island,
It’s a big place.

He can’t Google without it.

Hey Diver Steve... earlier in the thread you mentioned "on the weekends taking a cab to West End then a ferry"
Were you talking about taking a ferry to Utila? bcz I thought the ferry to Utila was in Coxen Hole. Is it a different ferry than the Utila Dream ferry or am I mistaken where the ferry terminal is?
I'm interested bcz we will be staying in Sandy Bay then heading to Utila for a couple of weeks. It would be much closer going to West End than over to Coxen Hole
thanks much!

Even better is to find out whether or not the ferry now goes directly to Utila or if you still have to go all the way to the mainland and then back again to Utila. That's why I didn't ever go to Utila.

There was a guy that used to take people over in his boat for a fee. One day he only had two passengers. They murdered him. :(

I haven't heard that anyone else has taken up that business since. Thst doesn't mean that no one has, only that word is not out. Folks in the West End would know though. Don't ask just one person. Ask at a couple of shops and some bartenders.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom