Here we go again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Dillehay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Monday pm Galveston Weather shows rain followed by moderate north winds. More worrisome is that windguru.com shows it arriving in Cozumel Wednesday afternoon, but this time from a bad direction WNW to North.

My guess is the port will be open Wednesday morning but close in the afternoon so get your morning dives in. Worse yet is it looks like a full week of nortes to follow, but maybe not strong enough to keep the port closed.

Dave Dillehay

Monday pm Galveston Weather shows rain followed by moderate north winds. More worrisome is that windguru.com shows it arriving in Cozumel Wednesday afternoon, but this time from a bad direction WNW to North.

My guess is the port will be open Wednesday morning but close in the afternoon so get your morning dives in. Worse yet is it looks like a full week of nortes to follow, but maybe not strong enough to keep the port closed.

Dave Dillehay
Yeh, I am not liking the forecast at all

I'm no norte expert but as long as the winds aren't coming from the north it's ok? From my observation our 1st diving day next Monday looks good, and Christmas day the winds are due east.

Well, just like your classic Cozumel norte, a short heavy rainfall hit Galveston at 12 noon, followed by a north wind, not yet strong.

Dave

I'm no norte expert but as long as the winds aren't coming from the north it's ok? From my observation our 1st diving day next Monday looks good, and Christmas day the winds are due east.

West, NW, and N are the worst - NE can be ok if it's not that strong

In Galveston at 4 pm it has dropped 20 F in 2 hours and wind is now from due north at 18 MPH. Not expected to get much stronger here but like Christi said, the direction is more a factor than the strength when it gets to Cozumel. I'm stuck here in Texas until January for family Christmas but wish y"all luck.

Dave Dillehay

Back
Top Bottom