Dolphins today on Islote

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lowwall

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
First dive in Cozumel for 12 years. Look who came out to greet me :)

Sorry about the image quality. I was the only one with a camera and it's a cheap GoPro clone.
ANMP0009-1.jpg
ANMP0013-1.jpg

Congrat.s! I've seen many dolphins from boats, even a couple passed within a dozen feet of me while I was at the surface waiting to go down...and I have never seen a dolphin while I was underwater. Would love to. Glad you did.

Jealous!!

love maraciabo even though I always barf waiting for the boat to pick us up. Roooooolllling waves...ugh. Lol

First for me too underwater. We were just coming up from the deepest part of the dive when I looked over and saw the DM pointing frantically into the blue. He was so excited, I kicked hard towards him to see what he was pointing at. And then the first two came out into my sight. My thoughts went like this, "They look like dolphins. They can't be dolphins, they must be sharks. They really are dolphins! Wait, I have a camera!" They did a few large semicircles back and forth around our group and then were joined by the rest of the pod. The whole group swam around us for a bit longer and off they went. The whole thing took maybe 4 minutes.

First for me too underwater. We were just coming up from the deepest part of the dive when I looked over and saw the DM pointing frantically into the blue. He was so excited, I kicked hard towards him to see what he was pointing at. And then the first two came out into my sight. My thoughts went like this, "They look like dolphins. They can't be dolphins, they must be sharks. They really are dolphins! Wait, I have a camera!" They did a few large semicircles back and forth around our group and then were joined by the rest of the pod. The whole group swam around us for a bit longer and off they went. The whole thing took maybe 4 minutes.
Nice - dolphins are incredible to see underwater - great luck to see them!

ANMP0004-1.jpg
One more of them swimming through the group.

Edit - the timestamp is wrong. It was around 9am.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom