Port closure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flyboy08

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Surfaced from our first dive to find out they closed the port? No second dive. Seemed way premature to me as there was no rain or swells still 2 hours later?

Wind guru shows nothing for today.

Wednesday Thursday... not looking good.

It's my Birthday..going to Otates tonight, so I wont mind missing 7:45 dive departure tomorrow morning :)

the Coz harbor master is notorious for pulling the trigger early or for no reason. (numerous past threads on this issue)

Yup , looks like we will have to take the EAN class

the Coz harbor master is notorious for pulling the trigger early or for no reason. (numerous past threads on this issue)

This time the port captain has good reason, maybe an hour or two too early but it is coming tonight. There are many times I would blast the port captain, but not this time. It could have been really ugly for some marginal boats to be out when this hit the fan!

Dave Dillehay

I don't get it. The forecast hasn't changed much at all since I posted a Windguru screenshot two days ago. The norther won't hit until the wee hours tonight. After that looks bleak for the next week, but not today.
upload_2019-12-17_21-31-18.png

The wind turned north about sunset with squalls and thunderstorms. I’m sitting here on the water in the north of Cozumel. The wind and storms didn’t read the time on the forecast.

The wind turned north about sunset with squalls and thunderstorms. I’m sitting here on the water in the north of Cozumel. The wind and storms didn’t read the time on the forecast.
Plus thunder and lightning...

Back
Top Bottom