• 200-299

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • 300-499

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 500+

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

215 with more dives to come!! Most in Indonesia and a few in the Solomon Islands!! Met awesome people from all over the world and saw some amazing things including schooling hammers on almost every dive while crossing the Forgotten Islands/ Banda Sea, orcas in the Solomons, and the Psychedelic Frogfish in Ambon. I had up(wellings) and down (currents) but it was an unforgettable year and look forward to topping it next year (hoping for a Mola Mola finally)!!
Wishing everyone a safe and wet 2020!!! :cheers:

only 28 so far, but about to join a liveaboard and am planning on (at least) another 22 before the year ends

most dives on vacation this year, other commitments recently made it hard to get away at weekends for local dives

I dive recreationally

highlights have been learning new skills - sidemount and drysuit

Loved reading your highlights! Especially the night dive in Belize. Happy to see someone got to observe the 'tradition' for the 100th dive!! (I didn't and nobody's disappointed!!)

I don’t know if 15 minutes in 15 feet of murky water with no one looking truly lived up to the spirit of ‘the tradition,’ but I do have a PG-rated pic to prove it.

Just north of 100 for me. Roughly half of those occurred during our Spring and Fall trips to Bonaire. We had a close encounter with a pod of dolphins during the October trip! Cozumel, Little Cayman and West Palm Beach account for the rest with a couple of days of diving in St. Kitts. Two days in WPB were blown out due to weather, but we still bagged over thirty lobsters in four days.

I don’t log but since getting SW it sort of does it for me
0CF6CA19-EC66-4694-835A-83E537AA8C96.jpeg

Very impressive folks. Such an active group of divers on this forum.
I only did about 75 dives as I spent more surface interval time here on ScubaBoard. My bad.:)

Subsurface says 91 dives, 69h 48min dive time. It also has a bunch of numbers about how much EAN32, EAN31, air, etc... I consumed, but that's more guesswork since my Suunto Zoop Novo is not air integrated and I tend to be a bit sketchy at logging entering and exiting PSI.

Seventy-one, with another 7 planned before the ball drops.

I got certified in November of last year. I remember telling my husband I wanted to try to get in 25 dives over the next year; it seemed like that was something of a minimum threshold for basic competency. I'd heard of charter boats requiring a minimum of 25 dives for more advanced sites, and something about certain training programs requiring 25 dives before getting the next certification level; plus this board distinguishes between 0-24 and 25-49 dives, so hey, there must be something to it. It also seemed doable--maybe one weekend a month. I figured if I could do that much in my first year and still wanted more, I'd be justified in taking the advanced course and buying my own set of gear.

I think I'm going to shoot for 100 over the next year.

I had 40 dives this year, 10 of which were on a week trip to Beqa Lagoon, Fiji. Most of the others were local quarry dives except for a couple of trips to the NC coast. All were recreational.

It's been difficult for us to dive more than one day per week, but we're going to try slowing down our workload in 2020 so we can do more diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom