FB posting - standards violations - how many can you pick out?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Right on @kensuf instructors are just people .......people make mistakes but to blatantly break standards and put students at risk is unforgivable , she did what was right ..........strange though no other naui instructor put in a standards breech ,EVEVN thought they are required to do so under there NAUI agreement .............leadership does carry responsibility, even though some don't think so , I lost a 20 year friendship over it

In see it in professional settings daily, noone wants to be "that guy" and get other people in trouble. It's a huge downfall of professional organizations

I can't say that I've ever looked at my computer after a dive. I do like a freshwater rinse first, then a beer. :)
Why would you look at a computer after a dive? After the dive, the computer is worthless until the next dive.

you did nothing wrong.......a high profile SBER did the same thing and no one said a bad word

Dude doesn’t get that even if I wanted the informal basis, I have no choice. I actually enjoy the learning and the work, in any case. And as I mentioned earlier I know someone who lost his informal garage sourced Trimix. In order to keep diving Trimix, he had to take the class. NOT having the certs seems to be limiting in some instances.

although I agree with your stance on this thread and reporting was the right thing IMO to do.
Your friend/acquaintance did have another option buy a compressor/booster and start blending his own. well not a cheap option its still an option. my TDI advanced nitrox deco procedures extended range and advanced wreck courses were not cheap either $2200 total for AN DP ER and $1675 for AW after books and cert fees and then with 15 of the 20 dives(so far) all off charter boats doing 1 dive/day except 1 day we did 2 dives so by the end I currently have 2-3 more to finish up AW apparently of those 4 tech courses Im into charter boats for 16-17 different days. my compressor and blending stick was probably 1/3 paid for in gas cost savings for course dives alone............. if you already possess the skill set its something to think about. Ive never shown my cert cards for anything, i fill out on a waiver I have it but its not checked or confirmed to my knowledge since I don't put the cert # down half the time Im pretty sure its just filed away for legal reasons maybe your local boat charters are different.

Ive enjoyed the courses a lot and while my instructor is more expensive than another local TDI instructor I feel Ive got my money worth completely.

having the c cards , and not being asked are 2 different things ....if you have the knowledge its keeping you alive ....not just keeping you on the charter boat ....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom