EZ-ON Wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had one custom made. EZ experience ordering at a show. Lousy experience from then on. Terrible communications and reluctant to help. I’ll never use them again. I donated the suit to my LDS for their rental fleet.

I have a wetsuit made by Wetwear and it has long zippers like you describe and based on my experience I would stay away from these as they let in too much water and are one factor making this one of my coldest wetsuits for California waters. I fell for the pitch once.

Either go with short zippers or go with a flexible neoprene, and of course, make sure the suit fits right.

I second Tridacna's experience.

Everyone commenting on wet suits for me, thanks a million. all goo answers. I'm going to the Beaneath the Sea convention and will check out wetwear and others.

My wife has a wetwear suit, and I have a few comments.

1. We got a custom fit suit, and they did an excellent job with the fit. It really is perfect. I'm in Florida so driving over to the wetwear office for measurements was pretty easy. There were a LOT of measurements to be taken. A daunting task to do yourself when the penalty for error is $600.00. I would not have bought a custom wetwear if I couldn't have gone to them for the measurements. If they'll measure you at the show, then that's one problem solved.
2. The extra material attached to the zipper is nice, and having zippers at the ankles/wrists do make it much easier to don/doff than other suits I've used (scubapro, bare). I have seen divers with extended zippers that they added themselves. In short, good feature but not a wetwear exclusive.
3. Don't believe the hype about the "special" neoprene. While the suit isn't bad, it's not as warm as a thicker suit like they pitch when selling you the product. A 3mm wetwear is as warm as a 3mm scubapro or 3mm bare or probably any other brand. We made the mistake of buying a 3mm wetwear based on this claim, only to be disappointed and still cold. We should have gone with a 5mm suit.
4. The suits look nice, since you can choose your colors and all that. She gets compliments on the dive boat (from other women, not just dudes hitting on her).
5. Super expensive! I think I paid a little over $600 for the suit. Not much cheaper than a drysuit. In fact, I bet if you looked hard you could find a drysuit for that price.

Expensive nice looking product that doesn't do its job all that well. Kind of like a fancy mechanical watch. Costs a lot, looks great, but isn't the best option for doing what watches do.

I would not buy another wetwear suit.

Everyone commenting on wet suits for me, thanks a million. all goo answers. I'm going to the Beaneath the Sea convention and will check out wetwear and others.

When you go to BTS, Wetwear are usually on the far right as you enter. They have a gizmo that demos Rubatex vs "normal" neoprene. Don't fall for that nonsense. In theory, it looks and sounds great. I have several wetsuits, the Wetwear was the worst of them all. Worse thing is that I could have bought two wetsuits for the same price as that POS.

My wife has a wetwear suit, and I have a few comments.

1. We got a custom fit suit, and they did an excellent job with the fit. It really is perfect. I'm in Florida so driving over to the wetwear office for measurements was pretty easy. There were a LOT of measurements to be taken. A daunting task to do yourself when the penalty for error is $600.00. I would not have bought a custom wetwear if I couldn't have gone to them for the measurements. If they'll measure you at the show, then that's one problem solved.
2. The extra material attached to the zipper is nice, and having zippers at the ankles/wrists do make it much easier to don/doff than other suits I've used (scubapro, bare). I have seen divers with extended zippers that they added themselves. In short, good feature but not a wetwear exclusive.
3. Don't believe the hype about the "special" neoprene. While the suit isn't bad, it's not as warm as a thicker suit like they pitch when selling you the product. A 3mm wetwear is as warm as a 3mm scubapro or 3mm bare or probably any other brand. We made the mistake of buying a 3mm wetwear based on this claim, only to be disappointed and still cold. We should have gone with a 5mm suit.
4. The suits look nice, since you can choose your colors and all that. She gets compliments on the dive boat (from other women, not just dudes hitting on her).
5. Super expensive! I think I paid a little over $600 for the suit. Not much cheaper than a drysuit. In fact, I bet if you looked hard you could find a drysuit for that price.

Expensive nice looking product that doesn't do its job all that well. Kind of like a fancy mechanical watch. Costs a lot, looks great, but isn't the best option for doing what watches do.

I would not buy another wetwear suit.
Agree. I also fell for their pitch about the magic of their neoprene, so she convinced me to have a 5mm wetsuit made for California water. Big mistake. Perhaps their neoprene is a little warmer but it's not significant. You need the same thickness regardless of the neoprene and, IMO, stay away from long zippers.

If it fits your needs a front zip shorty is a piece of cake to don and doff.
Whats your tip for this being easy? Had a back zip shorty last ten years. Just replaced with a Henderson Thermoprene Pro front Zip. Getting on a breeze but seemed counterintuitive when I tried to take off.

If it fits your needs a front zip shorty is a piece of cake to don and doff.
I've heard that front zip suits are harder to put on, but they were talking about full jumpsuit. I have not tried one. Any comments on that??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom