Wanted Aqualung Fusion Bullet Drycore Skin 4xl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reddiver970

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Looking for Bullet skin to fit the older Aqualung drycore suits size 4XL

Velcro fastening, no zippers on skin? Check with DRIS.

Velcro fastening, no zippers on skin? Check with DRIS.
Yeah they can get one but it is still full price, I am not really wanting to pay that for a discontinued item but I may have to.

Yeah they can get one but it is still full price, I am not really wanting to pay that for a discontinued item but I may have to.
Aqualung is close to out of stock on the older skins, and I have not heard any commitment or plans to produce more. In the drycore Bullet, only 2XS/XS and 4XL are left. While it is discontinued, they really don't need to price them for close out to move them - same is probably true for retailers. My bigger concern is long term availability. So yes, it is discontinued, but don't dither too long resisting full price just to find out you can't get one at any price.

Aqualung is close to out of stock on the older skins, and I have not heard any commitment or plans to produce more. In the drycore Bullet, only 2XS/XS and 4XL are left. While it is discontinued, they really don't need to price them for close out to move them - same is probably true for retailers. My bigger concern is long term availability. So yes, it is discontinued, but don't dither too long resisting full price just to find out you can't get one at any price.
I wish I would have never bought that suit LOL, but your right better not wait to long that's why I posted thought I might find one a little cheaper

Looking for Bullet skin to fit the older Aqualung drycore suits size 4XL

Contact DRIS (DiveRightInScuba.com)....last year they had some stock of both the old and new skins (new = rapid zip system, old = velcro attachment). They may still have stock especially since a 4XL might be slow moving.

Also, depending on your size, you can mix and match the core and the skin so unless you really need a 4xl model skin, if a 2xl/3xl is available you may want to consider that.

But give DRIS a call as they can best advise you.

-Z

Contact DRIS (DiveRightInScuba.com)....last year they had some stock of both the old and new skins (new = rapid zip system, old = velcro attachment). They may still have stock especially since a 4XL might be slow moving.

Also, depending on your size, you can mix and match the core and the skin so unless you really need a 4xl model skin, if a 2xl/3xl is available you may want to consider that.

But give DRIS a call as they can best advise you.

-Z
I have contacted them and they can get one, however the price is the same as the new zip models. I was hoping maybe they would be cheaper since they are discontinued but they aren't, so I thought I might try here first.

I have contacted them and they can get one, however the price is the same as the new zip models. I was hoping maybe they would be cheaper since they are discontinued but they aren't, so I thought I might try here first.

Here is an ad on ebay for a 2xl/3xl DryCore skin. Perhaps that will work for you.

-Z

Here is an ad on ebay for a 2xl/3xl DryCore skin. Perhaps that will work for you.

-Z
If a 4XL+ was what was needed in the first place, I would not get a 2XL/3XL bullet skin. It will be too tight.
However, if going with the Sport skin, then the 2XL/3XL is the original skin on the 4XL+ shell and will fit fine. (stretches a lot) There is no such thing as a Fusion Sport 4XL+ skin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom