PADI Tec 40 and doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TDI ITT is a 2.5 day class. How long is the PADI class?
Academics, two confined water dives and two open water dives at a minimum.
Academics consist of parts of the Deep Tec manual and parts of the Tec40 handouts.

Never taught it as I switched to TDI.

True! And Advanced Nitrox compares pretty well to tec45.
There are differences in the approach, but after successfully completing either course, the same skillsets are mastered.

Then again, there are divers who take tec40 as con-ed after the Deep diver course, improving skills and learning how to handle a stage gas. That's the difference with TDI intro-to-tech: stage-gas and max 10 minutes of (non-accelerated) deco.

TEC 40 is more like equivalent to TDI Advanced nitrox, Tec45 - is like TDI Decompression procedures and Tec50 - like TDI Extended range.

yeah I can take a GUE doubles primer to get doubles time, but would really like some more time in doubles before I even try to do a GUE doubles primer.
The primer is intended to teach you how to dive doubles - you don't need doubles experience before you do it. My first doubles dive ever was in the primer.

Are you looking for something specific out of the primer?

The primer is intended to teach you how to dive doubles - you don't need doubles experience before you do it. My first doubles dive ever was in the primer.

Are you looking for something specific out of the primer?
That’s true but considering the price of a GUE primer (as you only have to have one student to make the class they can be pricey ), the fact that any GUE class is a travel with over night stay for me. I want to get as much out of it as possible.

I want to get as much out of it as possible.
To me, this sounds like you're trying to learn the Fundies skills before you do Fundies itself - maybe with the intention that the class will be easier to pass or get a tech pass?
If yes, then I would suggest not doing so. If you've never dived doubles, do the primer. If you've done even a handful of doubles dives, just do Fundies and go from there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom