Atomic Aquatics swivel hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

enduser

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi.

I have a set of Atomic Z2's, sealed first and two Z2 seconds. They do not have swivel hoses.

I recently purchased an Atomic B2, sealed first and two B2 seconds, one of which has an Atomic swivel hose.

I'd like to remove the swivel hose. Mainly for hose length, I usually use a 5ft hose with a bungeed second or sometimes I switch them over to a 40" hose with an angle adapter and a bungeed second.

Anyway two questions.

1. I have read that in order to use the reg without the swivel hose you need a jam nut, do my Z2 seconds already have a jam nut if I switched the swivel hose from my B2 to one of my Z2s?

2. How in the name of Poseidon do I take the swivel hose off? Is it something I need a special tool or a dealer to do? Or am just not spinning the right thing yet. Lol.

Correct, if you remove the swivel hose you have to take up the space with a jam nut.
Once you remove the swivel you also need to remove the oring on the stem.

To remove the swivel. Righty righty leftty loosy.

I can walk you through it if you send me your contact or we can meet up and I’ll do it.

Go it figured thank you Scott. Merry Christmas!

I have a spare jam nut if you need one. Originally given to me by the Wook. Ping me if you want it.

Thanks for the offer.

I ended up swapping the swivel hose to the primary on the Z2 set and have it set up with traditional hose lengths. So I stole the jam nut from it for the B2.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom