• 200-299

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • 300-499

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 500+

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seventy-one, with another 7 planned before the ball drops.

I went back and crunched the numbers out of curiosity. For those 71 dives, I averaged just over 40 minutes per dive. My average max depth was about 58 feet, and I had 42 dives deeper than 60 feet, with 100 feet being the deepest. I only did 8 dives on vacation; 7 in Cabo, one at the aquarium in Vegas. The rest were local beach and day boat dives around LA, OC, and the islands. All rec & hobby, though 5 were part of a course and 3 were cleanup dives. My favorites were among my deepest--Farnsworth Banks and the wreck of the Valiant--but also the shallowest--playing hide and seek with a harbor seal in 10-15 feet of water at Pelican Reserve. Next year I have some trips planned, but I also just can't get enough of my own backyard.

Mine is so embarrassing low. I can go whenever I want. A broken foot cut down for a year and now focusing on giving time to the chamber is really rewarding. Just in a different place than just diving I guess. Spent the most amazing couple of days with a truly lovely lady who was our guest in the chamber from LC. Still need to do what I love best.

I was out of the water for 3 months (unwell) in the middle of the year and am currently sitting on 99 dives for the year. I should get to 101-104 but that is down from 204 from last year. All my dives both this year and last year were in Sydney, so no trips away with 3-4 dives a day to boost my numbers.

I have actually been enjoying doing longer slower dives. My average dive time for the year is just over 100 minutes with my longest dive at 146 minutes. I'm finding that even 2 hour dives are not giving me enough time to see all the things I want to see and am diving more often with a 12.2L+pony, 15L, or twin 10.5L to give me more time.

My deepest dives have been around 22m.

58 dives. 102hrs underwater. Deepest 354’, longest 10hr 42mins.

Highlights were diving a deep Gulf of Mexico sinkhole and encountering two dead sawfish and the handful of cave exploration dives I got to do. I haven’t tallied it up, but I was able to explore about a mile of new cave.

2019 was a good year!

58 dives. 102hrs underwater. Deepest 354’, longest 10hr 42mins.

Highlights were diving a deep Gulf of Mexico sinkhole and encountering two dead sawfish and the handful of cave exploration dives I got to do. I haven’t tallied it up, but I was able to explore about a mile of new cave.

2019 was a good year!

What was the reason that the guitarfish were dead? They still look to be in a decent condition

I am not sure how many I did; I am pretty bad about logging dives and my computer had most of the summer on it waiting for me to write them down when the battery died. RIP log. But somewhere around 25-35 I believe. My highlight was getting to Alpena and Munising for the first time early in June. Fantastic wrecks, fantastic dives, good friends; seventh heaven for this history lover. However, the year isn't quite over. I dove the other day in 32F Lake Erie water and was happy as a clam, and will be out again after Christmas. The good wrecks are out of reach for now in Erie, but the water isn't!

What was the reason that the guitarfish were dead? They still look to be in a decent condition

No one really knows. FWC recovered one of them and no definitive cause of death was determined.

One hypothesis is that the sawfish swam into the hydrogen sulfide layer that’s sometimes present in the sinkhole at around 130’.

There’s pretty much no life at all down at the bottom. Temps are around 55f so that contributes to the well preserved state of the sawfish.

Dive pro, dive year round, 2 dive travel trips this year. 150 or so this year.

33 or so this year for me - highlights include sharks, a gorgeous eagle ray with a 10 foot approx wingspan, and dramatically increasing my dive time. This year's dives had a max depth around 100 feet with an overall average depth of 60-80 feet and overall dive time of almost an hour and a half. Last year my longest was around an hour and then only on shallower dives (40-50 feet) with the deeper dives coming in closer to 45 minutes.

I am not sure how many I did; I am pretty bad about logging dives and my computer had most of the summer on it waiting for me to write them down when the battery died. RIP log. But somewhere around 25-35 I believe. My highlight was getting to Alpena and Munising for the first time early in June. Fantastic wrecks, fantastic dives, good friends; seventh heaven for this history lover. However, the year isn't quite over. I dove the other day in 32F Lake Erie water and was happy as a clam, and will be out again after Christmas. The good wrecks are out of reach for now in Erie, but the water isn't!

I’ll be hitting Lake Michigan New Year’s Day if conditions allow. Nice little wreck not far off the Hammond, IN beach. 3ft waves prevented it this year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom