Teric AI Settings Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you have the correct size and pressure of the tank you are using set up in your computer it can calculate the amount of air remaining.

Some info on pages 52 and 53 in your manual.

I’m using the Perdix AI so there may be differences. This is a cut-and-paste from the online manual:
“The only use of this setting is to scale the full-scale range of the gas pressure bar graph”

I don’t think it needs to know volume or rated pressure to calculate gas time remaining. It only needs to calculate the rate of decrease in pressure which it can do with a few pressure readings over time.

I think @Bump_Head is correct.

I’m using the Perdix AI so there may be differences. This is a cut-and-paste from the online manual:
“The only use of this setting is to scale the full-scale range of the gas pressure bar graph”

Is that bar graph Perdix only? Because I don't remember anything like that in any of the Teric menus or home pages.

I don’t think it needs to know volume or rated pressure to calculate gas time remaining. It only needs to calculate the rate of decrease in pressure which it can do with a few pressure readings over time.
Correct, to calculate GTR it isn’t necessary to know the size and/or tank’s pressure rating.

Because I don't remember anything like that in any of the Teric menus or home pages.
I haven’t seen anything like that either.

Interesting...the Teric manual (pg 72) only speaks to reserve pressure. This is used for GTR and low pressure warnings, although the picture they use shows Rated Pressure with no written explanations.

The Teric manual also mentions setting up tank sizes in a few places but never explains how one would do so.

Back
Top Bottom