Looking for input re Taveuni

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As I recall from our several stays at Nakia, we did two dives each day. Most dives were well over an hour. You will leave around 9 am and get back around 2 pm. They take you to all the great sites based on tides and current. You will also have a nice homemade snack and beverage during at least an hour surface interval. Your first day on the boat, the DM will review the types of coral and fish you will see. They put a lot of work into their presentation. No better place to stay or dive in our opinion. The food is all grown on their property and delicious.
Thanks for that feedback. Nakia definitely ticks all of the boxes for us, particularly in terms of the organic food grown on property and accommodations and location. I'd prefer 3 dives a day, even if the 3rd was a simple house reef. I will contact them to see if that is a possibility. Thanks again.

Thanks for that feedback. Nakia definitely ticks all of the boxes for us, particularly in terms of the organic food grown on property and accommodations and location. I'd prefer 3 dives a day, even if the 3rd was a simple house reef. I will contact them to see if that is a possibility. Thanks again.

@Trailboss123 did you get a reply on the afternoon or shore dives?

I just sent an email asking the dive shop but I’m curious if you got a reply. I’ve been contemplating staying at Nakia and finally emailed them this morning to book reservations. We’ll still stay and dive with them either way, but I too prefer a third dive on some days. I’d also like to be able to do a check out dive on arrival.

I just sent an email asking the dive shop but I’m curious if you got a reply. I’ve been contemplating staying at Nakia and finally emailed them this morning to book reservations. We’ll still stay and dive with them either way, but I too prefer a third dive on some days. I’d also like to be able to do a check out dive on arrival.
You know what- I spaced out and never did ask them yet. Need to do that- Thanks for the nudge.
I just shot off an email to them now- will report back after I get a reply.

Just heard back from them and here is the response:

Hi Greg,
Thanks for your question about our diving schedule. Our normal schedule is 2 morning dives with a surface interval in between. We sometimes schedule a third afternoon dive, depending on the number of divers involved. We don’t offer shore dives. Our daughter, Julie, owns and runs our dive company, Taveuni Ocean Sports. I have copied her on this reply. She will also reply within 24 hours. Regards, Jim Kelly, Owner/manager, Nakia Resort & Dive

The response I got from the dive shop.

HI Tammy,

This is Julie with Taveuni Ocean Sports (www.taveunioceansports.com) at
Nakia Resort & Dive. Thanks so much for your inquiry about diving with us
while staying at our dive resort. We would love to give you a world-class
experience on the Rainbow Reef. All of our local PADI Instructors and Dive
Masters are trained underwater naturalists and they are incredibly
knowledgeable about Fiji's unique underwater ecology. Diving is truly our
passion!

Shore diving is available on Taveuni and right in front of our dive
shop.....the only thing is that it pales in comparison to the Rainbow Reef.
Taveuni is such a steep volcanic island with many rivers so close to shore
we tend to have murky conditions with less corals due to all of the fresh
water. But it is still possible and we could definitely get you out there
for a check-out dive to get your gills wet again.

Please let us know when you are interested in diving and staying with us.
Afternoon dives are available if we can round up a few people that want to
head back out after our morning 2 tank charter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom