Drysuit Question - Why don't you.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also I dialed in the sizing. My first dive was with a suit that ended up being a little too long in the leg, and with a little air in the legs my suit, foot portion of suit and fins popped off my feet, so when I kicked my fins they just waved lazily in the water, like dead fish. That was a little terrifying bc I had no leg/fin control, and kept inverting.
Fin keepers are helpful too.

YES!
They work so perfectly I forgot about them. Every time I put them on (yesterday), I get warm fuzzies. Not JUST because they remind me of puppies, but because they work, are super durarble, and cost about 5 bucks.

My previous suit was a little long in the legs, so I always used finkeepers. Directly on the softboot, under the fins. My current suit is MTM, just the right length legs, and has these nifty velcro ankle bands which help to keep the boots from popping off. So I've quit using the finkeepers.

Trim with your wing, not the suit. Keep the suit slighty squeezed. Use heavy fins. That's about it really.

Best advice, I think. Thank you.

Trim with your wing, not the suit. Keep the suit slighty squeezed. Use heavy fins. That's about it really.
Ah, but I love that nice warm feeling with a full suit.

Ah, but I love that nice warm feeling with a full suit.

Moving air will not provide much warmth. That is why they use isolation in a cavity wall and not leave it empty. If you like to be warm, I suggest thicker undergarnment.

Moving air will not provide much warmth. That is why they use isolation in a cavity wall and not leave it empty. If you like to be warm, I suggest thicker undergarnment.
There's a noticeable difference between a squeezed undersuit and a well lofted undersuit.

The difference between squishing that insulation and letting it fluff is important. A window is made out of the same stuff as the insulation in the wall.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom