• 200-299

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • 300-499

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 500+

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

42 this year.

Started with 16 or 17 with Blackbeard’s in January, 6 at Thousand Islands, 1 pretty memorable dive at Moosehead Lake in Maine, 2 crappy ones off Boston, 1 or 2 at Cape Cod, the rest have to be shore dives in Gloucester/Rockport, the last one being a couple of days ago.

OK, not as many as last year and slowing down a bit. It must be the 72 year-old blues but next year will be better. My son has returned to New Zealand and loves diving for lobster/crayfish so will be out there a bit more than normal. :)

About 65 dives, all in Bonaire over three trips of between 2 and 3 weeks each. Normally we'd bounce around between Mexico, Florida, Hawaii, or some Caribbean place or another but last year we got enchanted with the Bonaire vibe, bought a house, and we're moving there in a couple of months.

I expect once all of the work of getting moved in and set up is over we'll be diving a few times a week. We'll also get back to traveling to dive again with Raja Ampat being number one on the list to get to while we can.

This year I was limited by a few things, including lots of visiting family, moving twice, lacking a proper drysuit, and being a student so I didn't have much in the way of funds.

I've got an order in for a drysuit now, though, and I'm looking forward to being able to dive multiple times per week for the foreseeable future :)

We went out this morning to get Merry's 100th dive of the year. One of our outboards crapped out as we exited the harbor. I couldn't fix it, so we limped along on one motor to a dive site close by. We made one dive, number 103 for me and then putted back home on one motor. I think we're done for the year. Time to break out a credit card.

Ended up doing 157 dives this year. Had some local dives planned this weekend that didn't pan out.

- First 5 dives of 2019 were up here in the Emerald Green waters of the Pacific NW
- Made my first ever dive trip to the Philippines and absolutely loved it! Got in 34 dives on that trip
- I got in 11 dives on the ill-fated Conception live aboard in May to the Southern Channel Islands in California
- Spent the month of August doing 91 dives in Bonaire
- A paltry (for me) 14 dives in Cozumel this November
- Balance of my dives were in the PNW- sprinkled about and around the overseas dive trips

I think my favorite find and photo of the year (outside the USA) was this nudibranch in Puerto Galera, Philippines:

upload_2019-12-29_14-53-44.png

Certified in April in Roatan then I went on to Belize. I loved it so much I came home and ordered all my own gear. Just went to Key Largo and dove with RR last month. While there I got my advanced and nitrox.
2020 I hope to get double that.
2 weeks in Roatan and Utila in May
1 week in Bonaire in October
I'm ready for 2020

I dove 42 this year with all but two at Dutch Springs. The other two were a boat dive from Riviera Beach Breakers Reef. I’m planning on doing drysuit and doubles this year. Along with hopefully upgrading GUE Fundies from Rec to Tec and dive in the NJ ocean.

Only 20 dives this year. Two dive trips missed due to work obligations. Real number is higher, but didn't log a lot of local shallow dives.
Hopefully next year will be 50+ (I had same plans for this year,so.....).

Only 20 dives this year. Two dive trips missed due to work obligations. Real number is higher, but didn't log a lot of local shallow dives.
Hopefully next year will be 50+ (I had same plans for this year,so.....).
Ouch, understand the work bit. sucks even more when ' i want to go diving ' isn't a good enough excuse for your boss.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom