• 200-299

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • 300-499

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 500+

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A paltry 66 dives this year compared to my normal >80 dives.

However I did dive in UAE, Oman, Indonesia, Philippines and Cyprus, so that sort of made up for it a bit.

Had to cancel one dive trip in August as my mother was unwell and family come first.

2020 plans are looking good though :)

I do recreational diving and it's a hobby. So, I can only do it during a weekend. 2019 is a busy working year and a change in working days / week policy. In 2018 and earlier, we used to have 9 days of work for every 2 weeks or having alternating Friday off, where I can go out diving somewhere during the 26 long weekends in a year. So in 2019 I was only able to have 62 dives vs. 97 dives in 2018 and 107 dives in 2017.

Those 62 dives in 2019 include:
3 dives in Lake 288 (an hour drive from home) during my Rescue Diver classes in April
6 dives in Flower Garden Banks (a weekend trip, 20 minute drive from home) in July
3 dives in Jupiter, Florida in August
29 dives in Banda Sea, Indonesia
3 dives in Nusa Penida, Indonesia
18 dives in Red Sea, Egypt.

The highlights of 2019 are:
- Getting certified as a Rescue Diver
- Diving with Oceanic Whitetip Shark (Carcharhinus longimanus)
- Logging 800th dive

My plan in 2020 is to retire in May and start diving more since I'll have 6 Saturdays and a Sunday in every week afterwards. My stretch goal is to log 1000th dive by the end of 2020. To reach that goal, I have booked the following trips:
January - Raja Ampat
May - French Polynesia
July - Guadalupe
August - Jupiter
September - Cocos
October - Bahamas

June, November and December are still open. I wait for any good deal to pop up.

I pulled off 3 trips this year: Grand Cayman, Turks and Caicos LOB and Cayman Brac. Made about 50 dives between the 3 trips. I like a chance to relax too much, that even 3 dives a day feels like a lot.
  • Usually dive on vacation, as I've been landlocked in Utah and soon Colorado. Lakes and low vis just dont hold much appeal to me.
  • predominantly rec
  • as a hobby
  • highlight was seeing a solitary Hammerhead Shark while diving in Turks and Caicos. A rare sighting, shared by my insta-dive buddy and I, along with the DM, as we were always last back to the boat.

Sometimes easier said than done. But, restructuring is in motion to avoid those situations from happening again. I hope it works.
My son works for us and if I'm Keen to go diving we pay him his regular wage to accompany me. Poor kid!

I do recreational diving and it's a hobby. So, I can only do it during a weekend. 2019 is a busy working year and a change in working days / week policy. In 2018 and earlier, we used to have 9 days of work for every 2 weeks or having alternating Friday off, where I can go out diving somewhere during the 26 long weekends in a year. So in 2019 I was only able to have 62 dives vs. 97 dives in 2018 and 107 dives in 2017.

Hey @Dan I'm coming up on my 1st year of retirement. Looking back I can't believe I had time to do anything but work before I retired. There still isn't enough time and it takes all day to get anything done, enjoy!

Getting back on subject I did another dive on the 28th for a total of 13 for 2019 and 2087 logged lifetime dives.

Those 62 dives in 2019 include:
3 dives in Lake 288 (an hour drive from home) during my Rescue Diver classes in April
6 dives in Flower Garden Banks (a weekend trip, 20 minute drive from home) in July
3 dives in Jupiter, Florida in August
29 dives in Banda Sea, Indonesia
3 dives in Nusa Penida, Indonesia
18 dives in Red Sea, Egypt.

The highlights of 2019 are:
- Getting certified as a Rescue Diver
- Diving with Oceanic Whitetip Shark (Carcharhinus longimanus)
- Logging 800th dive

My plan in 2020 is to retire in May and start diving more since I'll have 6 Saturdays and a Sunday in every week afterwards. My stretch goal is to log 1000th dive by the end of 2020. To reach that goal, I have booked the following trips:
January - Raja Ampat
May - French Polynesia
July - Guadalupe
August - Jupiter
September - Cocos
October - Bahamas

June, November and December are still open. I wait for any good deal to pop up.

Any luck with Mola Mola in Nusa Penida?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom