Best regulator. No money limit!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It looks like this thread became what is the most expensive regulator haha. I would like to suggest a regulator that is not too pricey and works great both in warm and cold water, also it won’t break the bank.

Drum roll

Aqualung Core.

Glenn

I just looked at that web page. It's hard for me to figure out where I'd want to spend within the price range: $608.91-$609.84
Ya depending on what options are sold out or not can change the available prices

Whatever you choose with those deep pockets of yours, stick with brass. Don't fall for titanium (with those claims of tolerating upwards of ~40% O2); or, for that matter, for a sales pitch that I once overheard, years ago,, dealing with some exotic first stage, said to have been constructed, in part, no joke, of the same "space age" ceramic that produced the tiles on the space shuttle.

Yeah, those did a bang-up job . . .

That said, I've been diving commercially for decades, with Poseidon products; and own the lion's share of the models. They've been bulletproof, from freezing waters to the tropics; have no directionality (no upside-down -- can be used either left or right); breathe absolutely dry; and the exhaust remains off to the side, so there are no streams of bubbles in the face -- of some importance to photographers . . .
Gotta disagree on the bubbles out of sight claim. Dove bunch of different regs over the years and both the Extremes and Jetstreams are by far the worst for bubbles in the face when not swimming forward. Best? Anything with a wide exhaust tee like M1’s or even old Conshelves.

So if a cut lp hose can drain a cylinder in minutes, what are the chances of ANY first stage not providing enough gas for 4 divers let alone 2 or 1?
1. Why would you cut your LP hose? They are incredibly tough, and a rotten hose is the only way I can think of getting one to part.

2. Why would 4 people be breathing off of one regulator?

Gotta disagree on the bubbles out of sight claim. Dove bunch of different regs over the years and both the Extremes and Jetstreams are by far the worst for bubbles in the face when not swimming forward. Best? Anything with a wide exhaust tee like M1’s or even old Conshelves.

That has not been my experience; perhaps I am always moving through currents; and that venting aspect usually was a selling point to friends who later tried them, after more conventionally designed regs . . .

1. Why would you cut your LP hose? They are incredibly tough, and a rotten hose is the only way I can think of getting one to part.

2. Why would 4 people be breathing off of one regulator?

I'm sorry for not explaining further.
Your questions are valid.

I didn't cut the hose but others have, to demonstrate how fast a cylinder will drain.
I also see it as a demonstration of how any first stage is able to supply twice as much gas as you could possibly use.
So any reliable, sealed first will perform as well as the very "best".
I'm curious if 5 people could outbreath a dst or mk 5 without someone passing out?

I'm sorry for not explaining further.
Your questions are valid.

I didn't cut the hose but others have, to demonstrate how fast a cylinder will drain.
I also see it as a demonstration of how any first stage is able to supply twice as much gas as you could possibly use.
So any reliable, sealed first will perform as well as the very "best".
I'm curious if 5 people could outbreath a dst or mk 5 without someone passing out?
I've seen 3 on one reg before, they continued their dive with no apparent distress. The second question was tongue in cheek, the tour guide had one long hose left, with 3 already using a single cylinder. See, instead of teaching her divers the best way not to burn their air, she would just hand them a long hose and continue diving.

I've seen a lot of things.

Back
Top Bottom