A mask recommendations for a narrow/small face (adult)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unna

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi!
I’m looking for recommendations for a mask that fits small and narrow face. I’ve been trying to search and search, online and offline, for that perfect mask that wouldn’t leak every time I move or wouldn’t leave red pressure marks and sore face behind. I found some articles online but most are years old, and I found that many of the recommended masks are no more even available, so I’m turning to you for advice to short list what I need to find and try on.

I have small and rather narrow face, for example finding sunglasses is always a project of its own. I don’t have other ‘limiting’ facial features for the mask selection, the main issue is that the top part is way too large and the silicon is too hard to form a seal for even just slightly off fitting mask. Children’s masks I’ve tried have been either strange shape or just not the quality for diving (imagine those snorkeling masks hotels rent out).

I have now a Deep gear free diving mask (doesn’t leak but leaves press marks that will be sore for days between my eyes, and leaving me an angry look for hours after the dive ) and a Beauchat Maxlux (just slightly too wide, leaks easily and often but is otherwise soft and comfortable). I would love to find one with polarizing/anti-reflective lens treatment but the fit is the main thing and the rest can be compromised
/customized later.

I’m super grateful for any suggestions! Getting a bit desperate with the search and I’m just done with the leaking masks and the eye problems the constant sea water baths bring to my eyes.

Thanks and happy new year

1. Cressi Eyes Evolution. Very soft silicone skirt, closest thing to a small version of Big Eyes Evolution.
  2. Cressi Lance. Smaller version of Matrix. Similar design to Big Eyes Evolution, lower cost, more typical stiffer skirt.
  3. Aqualung Micromask. Not specifically for smaller faces, but pretty darn small and minimal.

It's on the expensive side, but I love the TUSA Visio Pro. The silicone in the skirt is very flexible and has made a good seal to more than a half-dozen differently-shaped faces when I've loaned it out. At least one person has converted from their prior mask.

Aqualung Look 2 Midi

The Midi version is for smaller faces. Works great with a narrow face.

Widely available, interchangeable lenses, consistent fit across multiple masks.

Mako minimus fits small faces. Cressi eyes as mentioned above. I have a somewhat narrow face and have the Dgx mask mentioned. It does not leak on me and I love it but I am right on the border of its sizing. I wouldn’t go with it if your face is really small.

MAKO Spearguns Minimus (aka Mini) Freedive Mask
Dive deeper and equalize less! The MAKO Minimus “MINI” Diving Mask sets a new standard in low volume freedive masks.

Perfect fit Guarantee:
Hey Dive Buddies,
I’m so confident in how well these awesome freedive masks fit, I want to prove it to you.
In the very remote chance my MAKO Minimus Freedive Mask does not fit:
  • I will refund the full price of the mask.
  • I will refund the shipping cost of the mask.
  • AND YOU KEEP THE MASK!
All I ask is that you:
  • Give me a call to help me learn about your sizing.
  • Promise to give the mask someone who loves and respects the ocean as much as you do.
Thanks
Dano

https://www.makospearguns.com/Minimus-Mini-Freedive-Mask-p/mmm.htm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom