Port closure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Move here and you don't even have to worry about the Nortes!

Some dive shops even call you and suggest you get some diving in cause a Norte is on the way - that's valet service!

Who does that? :wink:

Wow, I've been avoiding diving over the holidays so I didn't take a spot that could otherwise go to a rack rate customer! Who knew?

Don't @ me, but my wife loves the nortes - the way our apartment is situated, we get the best breezes and the drop in temperature/humidity just after they pass by is wonderful. I can always go diving in a few days ...

Some dive shops even call you and suggest you get some diving in cause a Norte is on the way - that's valet service!

Hustling business in anticipation of a slowdown is what that is.

Hustling business in anticipation of a slowdown is what that is.
WOW Gordon - you could not be further from the truth!

It's called being proactive and keeping my divers in the loop to salvage some of what they are coming here for.

It's giving them OPTIONS rather than burying my head in the sand and just saying "sorry, we knew it was coming but can't control the weather."

I added a Christmas boat and 2 New Years boats for the FIRST time in 18 years to salvage dives for my clients that did/or will otherwise miss half or more of their dives.

It's called customer service.

Happy New Year!

doesn't anyone else just go to Tulum on windy days?

Holy sh*t. Not on that ferry. yowza.

It's called being proactive and keeping my divers in the loop to salvage some of what they are coming here for.

It's giving them OPTIONS rather than burying my head in the sand and just saying "sorry, we knew it was coming but can't control the weather."

Excellent customer service. When we come for a week we usually arrange 1 or 2 off days but we are flexible in that and would appreciate a heads up that we should get the diving done while we can. One year, we came in December and the port was closed 3 or 4 days but we got in our typical number of dives by loading up morning and afternoon several days.

WOW Gordon - you could not be further from the truth!

I added a Christmas boat and 2 New Years boats for the FIRST time in 18 years to salvage dives for my clients that did/or will otherwise miss half or more of their dives.

It's called customer service.

Happy New Year!
Perhaps you misinterpreted what I said or at least thought my intent was to disparage what you guys do. Any business will or should proactively approach an anticipated slowdown in business with an attempt to ameliorate its effect by making hay while the sun shines beforehand and/or making up for revenue losses after the fact. There is nothing in the world wrong with that.

Your business is particularly affected by weather conditions and you must do what you can to minimize your losses. Making your customers happy by encouraging them to dive before a norte and adding dive days when the weather permits is good for them and good for you; it is a win-win.

Perhaps you misinterpreted what I said or at least thought my intent was to disparage what you guys do. Any business will or should proactively approach an anticipated slowdown in business with an attempt to ameliorate its effect by making hay while the sun shines beforehand and/or making up for revenue losses after the fact. There is nothing in the world wrong with that.

Your business is particularly affected by weather conditions and you must do what you can to minimize your losses. Making your customers happy by encouraging them to dive before a norte and adding dive days when the weather permits is good for them and good for you; it is a win-win.

Thank you Gordon, yes I did misinterpret what you were saying - apologies for that and I appreciate the clarification.

Happy New Year!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom