Port closure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is the wind threshold for affecting the PDC/Cozumel ferry?

Think Tropical Storm force winds to close the ferry.

When we refer to the "port" being closed, it's the equivalent of a small craft advisory.

Enjoy your time in Cozumel!

If you turn the volume up and listen very carefully you can hear the band playing La Bomba on that ferry.

So I'm here now, was supposed to do my first dive this afternoon and they've closed the port. And the wind doesn't look any better all week, so I probably won't be able to dive at all? I should have canceled :(

So I'm here now, was supposed to do my first dive this afternoon and they've closed the port. And the wind doesn't look any better all week, so I probably won't be able to done at all? I should have canceled :(

So are you going to sit around all week and be depressed or are you going to get over to PDC and dive cenotes and PDC reefs all week?

Port closed now??? Looks gusty late this afternoon and tomorrow but out of the SE????

I'd definetly book something in Playa/Tulum for Saturday and Sunday

Probably sit around and be depressed. If anything I might go to PDC one day. They're going to try to finish my boyfriend's certification with shore dives.

Check with Aldora and see if they got any boats out for east side diving.

Probably sit around and be depressed. If anything I might go to PDC one day. They're going to try to finish my boyfriend's certification with shore dives.

Don't get depressed. Jump on a colectivo and head into Tulum. Even if you don't dive any cenotes its a groovy scene and you can watch the sun come up over the pyramids and temples.

Staying on Coz will just remind you of not diving.

Check with Aldora and see if they got any boats out for east side diving.
This is total BS - excuse my expression - MANY people are at Harbor master protesting right now.

The seas are flat with SE winds - no reason AT ALL to close the port! She (the new HM) says she is ruling based on REGIONAL orders, which includes Cancun and Progresso. Conditions are TOTALLY different here - She needs to rule based on COZUMEL conditions. We are just as socked as anyone. Aldora could not have prepared for this either because the port was closed out of the blue - and the winds are easterly and strong so east side is not diveable but it is certainly surfable!

We are fighting the good fight here!

This is total BS - excuse my expression - MANY people are at Harbor master protesting right now.

The seas are flat with SE winds - no reason AT ALL to close the port! She (the new HM) says she is ruling based on REGIONAL orders, which includes Cancun and Progresso. Conditions are TOTALLY different here - She needs to rule based on COZUMEL conditions. We are just as socked as anyone. Aldora could not have prepared for this either because the port was closed out of the blue - and the winds are easterly and strong so east side is not diveable but it is certainly surfable!

We are fighting the good fight here!

Thank you! I was so shocked when my bf got to the shop and they told him the port was closed. Based on the helpful info I got from you all on this forum, I thought the SE winds today and tomorrow would be fine. Hopefully the protests work, at least for this afternoon...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom