Downloading picture from a DC1400 to a Tablet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blue Quaker

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Santa was good to me. I now own an Acer 10 inch tablet with an android operating system. In the owners manual it states that I can use the USB cable to download from the camera to a PC or Mac but no mention of Android... Has anyone tried this? Did it work ? Let me know.
Blue Quaker

I used a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet to receive photos from the SD card which I believe the DC1400 also uses (not microSD). You will need a converter such as a USB to micro usb android cable (about 4" long) and a memory card reader (SD card to USB and about 2" long). It looks similar to a memory stick. Mine was a third party and came in a pack with a microSD card adapter as well. Both are relatively inexpensive and I think I got them from Best Buy. At the time they had a samsung rep in the store and answered all questions. Basically put the SD card in the reader, put the reader (USB) into the cable (USB end) and plug the cable into the tablet. A bit of a pain.

For both make sure to check the specs on the tablet for USB version (ex 2.0) and the shape of the tablet end (micro usb). My cable is a trapezoid. Type C for example is more oval.

Then you will have to browse the memory card for the files. Copy/paste.

Potentially you could use your supplied USB cable (male) and the USB (female) to micro usb android cable to connect directly to the tablet without having to remove the SD card and use the memory card reader. I don't do it that way.

I tried to use the cable that came with the camera. I put a mini USB adaper to the standard end to fit the tablet and everything worked. I do have a laptop but I thought that the tablet would be much easier for travelling to look at the pictures on the day that they are taken. We have Nikon Coolpix (P600 and P900) land cameras and there is an App to use to wirelessly connect them to the tablet for downloading, but I couldn't find a wireless way with the DC1400. Thanks for the helpful suggestions.

Tablets and phones dont have the storage and power to hold and edit large picture and video files.

Your best bet is to use a PC to upload the files to the cloud if you want to view them on your tablet at a later date.

I have an Intova action camera. I hate hauling my laptop with me. I got a card reader off Amazon with a lighting connector for my iPhone 8+ (I have a phone with largest memory possible). Works very well with my phone. I can pull photos off camera SD card and look at them on my phone. I can then post a few to social media if I want or email to dive buddies on the trip, as well as deleting the bad shots. Ensures I don’t lose all my photos if I lose camera or have an SD card problem.

Card reader was about $15 on Amazon. I’m sure you can get one with the USB connector to fit your tablet.

I didn't get the tablet to use for editing or storing my pictures, although with a 128 Gig micro SD card installed I don't think that storage would be a problem. I use my laptop for editing. The downside to a 17.3 inch laptop as that it is a beast to carry when travelling. With the setup I have now I can travel "light" and still have a 10 " screen to look at the pictures that I have taken while still on the trip. the USB to mini USB adapter that I got which has solved my problem was $9.95 CDN at a local store so I am all set.

I tried to use the cable that came with the camera. I put a mini USB adaper to the standard end to fit the tablet and everything worked. I do have a laptop but I thought that the tablet would be much easier for travelling to look at the pictures on the day that they are taken. We have Nikon Coolpix (P600 and P900) land cameras and there is an App to use to wirelessly connect them to the tablet for downloading, but I couldn't find a wireless way with the DC1400. Thanks for the helpful suggestions.

I'm pretty sure DC1400 does not have a wifi or BT chip inside so no wireless. Try e.g. https://www.amazon.com/Rankie-Female-Adapter-Convertor-3-Pack/dp/B00YOX4JU6

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom