El Nido vs Palawan diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi there! I am going to el nido with some friends later this month and would really like to do some scuba diving while there flats in mahim (my brother and I have our open water cert but my 2 other friends do not). We heard that Coron is the better spot for diving, but is more challenging for non skilled divers. How is the diving in the El Nido area? Are there any ship wrecks there like Coron? Would Coron be too challenging even for my brother and I only having our open water? Any adivice would be appreciated! Also it is either 7 days in El Nido or we could cut that down to 4 and try out Coron for 3 days, just not sure it is worth it with out diving experience. commercial property in pune

it’s been a yr and 300+ dives ago but:
The diving out of El Nido is good...not spectacular, but good. There is Barracuda Lake which has an impressive thermocline 28 vs 38. It’s a novelty dive but if you’ve never experienced one before, it’s worth it.

Coron on the other hand is the place for diving; nice corals, Dugongs and wrecks. The wrecks tend to be deep with the incursions at 90’ to 110’. It really is advanced diving. You most certainly find a shop that will take you with OW but if you’re not well experienced, I wouldn’t recommend the dives.

The MOD should move this thread to Philippines sub-section.
1. Most of the wrecks in Coron are NOT suitable for beginner diver because of depth!
2. 7 days in Palawan including a visit to the Underground River in Sabang.

What was the reason to mention "flat in mahim" and "commercial property in pune" here?

Back
Top Bottom