Squashing the Rumors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When you come back to Cozumel you may find yourself calling a couch a "davenport", soda "pop" and food as a "hot dish":wink: Making a positive situation out of your personal experience with addiction and depression takes a true badass. Good for you for sacrificing so much to help others trying to survive with their struggles. Sure life in Minnesota may be out of your comfort zone, but your life will be richer for it.

Good on you, Christi, but jeez, couldn't you have arranged to be in the Frozen North during the summer months? :D

Best of luck to ya'!

Congrats on having the necessary drive to persue something so important but so hard to do. Not many can set aside their regular life to start such a commitment. As someone who does do winter & has for 7 decades it's not fun sometimes but we do survive & here in the Great White North there are no mosquitos during winter. Like they say, take it 1 day at a time, dress for the conditions & forget about style, but most importantly don't drive when you don't need to but even then is it that important it's worth risking your life when you don't have winter driving experience?
On another note give my Congrats to my good friend Pedro for his new position in the business. He's one in a million.

@Christi you have always impressed me as an open and caring person. You have impressed me again with your commitment to this new direction. I'm sorry that I have never met you. I wish you the absolute best with your new endeavor and hope that your desired plan comes to complete fruition. Stay warm in Minnesnowta. Good luck and may God bless you.

Cheers - M²

p.s. - if you run out of house sitters, let me know. :wink:

Christi,

I've never dove, I've never met you, but you sound like an amazing person.
Some tips from a Wisconsin resident...

1. Don't cheer for the Vikings... they are evil. Skol is a dirty word.
2. Cicopo said it best. Dress for warmth, NOT for fashion.
3. Dress in layers.
4. Make sure your feet are not tight in your boots. Gotta be able to wiggle your toes freely, and have a little space around your feet.
5. Fleece, wool, and Sorels will be your new best friends.

Best of luck in your new endeavor.

WindLaker

Good luck in your educational endeavor. I hope you reach your goal so that you can help the community on Cozumel. It's a good thing you are doing. :)

what an honest and uplifting post. congrats on everything you have accomplished both personally and professionally. good luck with your future goals. you are an inspiration.

Good luck Christi! You are going to do awesome! Pedro runs a tight ship - I am confident he will keep things running smoothly while you are away!

Christi!
Congrats on pursuing your dreams, goals, and of course smacking the rumors right in the Culo!
I admire your drive and straightforwardness. Your amazing team at CZM, catered to us last November, and we had a fantastic experience. Make the best of your stay in MN, especially, knowing that's just temporary.
Cheers,
t

Back
Top Bottom