Best and cheap Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The words Best and Cheep are an oxymoron. You either want a cheep computer or you want the Best computer. Sorry.

Hi,
Good day,
please suggest me some cheap and easy to use Dive Computers.This should have the ability to collect depth as well as time.
Thank you

First of all what kind of diving are you going ot use . In my experience especially if you are going to dive nitrox you have to be able to navigate through the menus. Menu cruising is not a common trait in cheap computers. If you are only going to use air or only one gas then anything should work for you . Just dont loose the book.

We are going severely off topic if we start talking about Nitrox advantages for rec diving (very few, for me) and drawbacks (several and severe, as it limits significantly MOD and requires additional skills, procedures for being sure of the O2 percentage, etc.) - for what in change? A few more minutes of bottom time, after which, when you emerge, your slower tissues are more loaded by nitrogen than emerging after hitting the NDL with air?
As said, I had never the need to change the O2 percentage on my Leonardo, yet.
But according to the manual, it appears barely simple (everything is very simple with this device, as it can do just a small fraction of things you can do with other computers).
Judge yourself. The manual is here: https://www.cressi.com/easyUp/file/instructions/IB_LEONARDO_EN.pdf
The instruction for setting the Nitrox O2 percentage is on page 20:
View attachment 559007

Just tried it, less than 30 seconds.
Is this really more complex than with other computers? I do not know, the only other computer I used in the past was a very old Aladin, and at that time there was no Nitrox...

This is just what I do not like about many computers . press is ok but the press and hold. how long ? is there a too long?
Its not fair I know but my shearwater is left button scroll and right button select. the menus are intuitive form the first experience.

cheap and best are on opposite ends of the scale.

BC5ADF11-E9EA-468E-B70D-BFC286CE5129.jpeg
I have the mares quad. For me personally there is no better computer in the price range. Largest screen available so max information on one screen, easy to read numbers, 4 easy to use large buttons, backlit and can do multi gas if needed. I’m extremely happy.
D984FB07-A6B9-4EFE-869E-100F1C4DECE0.jpeg
E20333DD-336B-40D2-923B-975B9DA0AEE9.jpeg
3C93BB32-8A0E-4B28-95D1-A9ABAEDD8562.jpeg

Well, there is absolutely nothing to set on the Leonardo. You just dive and it starts automatically. Pressing the button has the only function of illuminating the screen. Nothing can go wrong!
Simple things are just... simple!
Of course it has nothing to do with a powerful modern computer, like a Teric or the like.
You must set Nitrox if you Dive alternative gas?

Hi,
Good day,
please suggest me some cheap and easy to use Dive Computers.This should have the ability to collect depth as well as time.
Thank you

They all monitor depth (more accurately: pressure) and time because those are the two variables necessary to run their primary function. Most of us have no idea what's cheap in India.

Hmmm. And how do you set the O2 % for Nitrox?

Simple: when you fill your tanks, you fill them with EAN21.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom