Port closure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Port is closed. We were out fishing at 6am and just saw its closed. Its so flat and calm but gotta head in. Going to be a long week. Cantina time

I know there's reprocussions, but everyone go back to the marinas and just go dive, they can't possibly go after everyone.

That's gotta be frustrating as hell and someone needs to really pound on someones forehead the long term effects of this stupidity.

I know there's reprocussions, but everyone go back to the marinas and just go dive, they can't possibly go after everyone.

That's gotta be frustrating as hell and someone needs to really pound on someones forehead the long term effects of this stupidity.

Wouldn't they just sit at the marina entrance and bust everyone as they come back in?

upload_2020-1-4_8-59-46.jpeg

this is what it looks like right now

Ok guys. I am counting on you to get this fixed before our February trip please! :(

Maybe the HM should look out the window, or better yet go out in a boat to judge conditions.

Forecast for tomorrow looks like actual wind.
I wonder if I should just plan to head to the mainland tomorrow for some dives.

Last May when I was there there was a steady 10-15 mph wind blowing from the southeast the whole two weeks I was there. I have wind noise in all my video to prove it as well as footage of big waves crashing on the rocks on the east side. Except for at the far south dive sites, the west side was like glass. Under the new HM's reign will similar conditions when I am there this April mean I cannot dive?

As I understand this morning is flat but weather will change this afternoon. When operators and divers went down to the Harbor Masters office to see why she closed the port this morning I heard she told the crowd 'Today is a non-work day, tomorrow she is off, Monday is a holiday so she will not discuss it till Tuesday' and went back inside.

The port is closed to boats below 40' AND all water activities. I was told Dive house and several others with larger boats went out and she had the Navy return them to port due to the no water activities decree.

Looks like we are in for an interesting El Norte season, each time they change Port Captains it seems to get goofier

Back
Top Bottom