Wanted Dive Rite Transplate Harness XL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might give Northeast Scuba Supply a call, he may have some XL Transplates put away somewhere. When I bought mine, he had them, just not listed. I'm 6'1", 240 pounds and the XL is really too big for me. There is way more adjustment than I would ever need. At $79 bucks, I doubt you would find used much cheaper. He has red too.

L - Dive Rite Transplate Harness - Blue -Large

Good luck,
Jay

On edit, just looked and mine is an XXL. They do run big though. I could have gotten by with an XL easily.

they do run big... I have an XL and there is way too much webbing (6'-7" - 240#). For the price, grab the NESS one. It is not much more than buying a standard harness. You can leave out a d-ring or two that are a tad excessive on the rig.

They only have large old ones - Not sure if that would fit. Going by the sizing chart on Dive Express im a XL

6’2” 315 and I wear an XL.

I have an XXL and it is larger than I need at a somewhat long-torsoed 5'10" 190. Shoulder pads run right to the plate, but the sternum-strap is right on (I like mine around my sternum, not by my neck). Shoulder adjusters are almost completely snugged up with the belt-anchors fairly far forward at my hips.

Other than the shoulder pads being unnecessarily long, there is nothing that can't be easily shortened by simply cutting and burning webbing or shortening the adjuster straps by cutting and hand-stitching the end-of-web plastic d-rings back in (they are non-structural)

I would not be surprised if there is an XXL or even an XL floating around. If you haven't talked to John, you might want to give him a call after 11am Eastern.

If I can get there on Wed evening, I'll look around to see if there is one "hiding."

Back
Top Bottom