Shore/night snorkeling and refresher scuba course.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AKFISH51

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all I'm a newbie here.

I'm headed to Cozumel for a month Jan. 14 - Feb. 14. I'm traveling solo.

I will do several "scuba" dives while there, but think I should probably take a refresher course or dive? Its been a couple years since I've dove. I don't have many dives "logged" but I did dive commercially before I got open water certified and am very comfortable in the water. Any suggestions on a good outfit for a refresher?

I will also be shore snorkeling almost everyday weather allows.

If anyone would like to join me, I know several great snorkel spots and would be happy to share. Or maybe you have some spots I haven't found yet! I'd also like to try some night snorkeling. I've done a good bit in Kauai, but never on Cozumel. Its kinda spooky going out by yourself at night!

I typically purchase a bicycle while there and use it as my primary transport on the island. I have biked completely around the island , but generally if I'm going to the "wild" side I will rent a bug or scooter from ISIS. My knees aren't as good as they used to be!

I'm not looking for anything but snorkel buddies and any intel on good shore snorkeling spots, cheap beer, or great eats on Cozumel.

Thanks,

Any PADI dive shop can give you a “scuba review” class - there’s a few SSI shops here and I’m sure there’s a SSI equivalent.

Scuba Review covers going over your basic scuba skills, getting you comfortable in the water again.

Sounds like you’ve been here before and know the ins and outs - you’ll meet people that are here for the day to people that live here. We have some friends coming this month that stay a few months - they snorkel everywhere it seems!

the wife and i did a night snorkel for the first time on a trip a few years back. not in coz but still. we really enjoyed it. was nice and quiet. saw lots of cool stuff. night diving is still our favorite.

I'm in Coz now, finally a great day in the water, saw a 3' dog snapper near shore nder a ledge, couple lobsters, one fish I've never seen before, looked like a mudskipper tighy to the reef, will have to see if I got it on the gopro. Hopefully weather gets a bit better, I really want to go out there in the dark!

I'm in Coz now, finally a great day in the water, saw a 3' dog snapper near shore nder a ledge, couple lobsters, one fish I've never seen before, looked like a mudskipper tighy to the reef, will have to see if I got it on the gopro. Hopefully weather gets a bit better, I really want to go out there in the dark!
Not sure where you have been going during the day, but we've had great night boat dives on Paradise Reef several times, and the last time we were in Cozumel we had a great night shore dive with Jungle Divers (Cozumel Diving | Cenote Diving | PADI Courses | Jungle Divers Cozumel) -- ended up staying down for 98 minutes and seeing 4 octopuses and lots of other neat creatures. Another day we went over to the mainland with them and had two great cenote dives.

Back
Top Bottom