Should I grab these HP100s?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

they have a hot dip zinc galvanization layer underneath the paint still. they don't rust up as bad as the painted fabers even if the paint layer is damaged.

they have a hot dip zinc galvanization layer underneath the paint still. they don't rust up as bad as the painted fabers even if the paint layer is damaged.

They do? Perfect.

I think you will like them. If you are diving salt be fastidious about rinsing them and patching chips in the paint.
I put a smear of grease across the hydro stamp to reduce salt water contact with the bare metal. It's not perfect, but it helps a fair amount.

The tape is doing nothing. Water completely fills the voids in the threads all the way back to the DIN oring as soon as you descend
The tape was for prolonged storage on the boat, not during diving. You are correct about the threads flooding as soon as you hit the water. I normally clean out my threads shortly after getting back on the boat.

Don't use a solid brass plug, if the air is turned on with the brass plug inserted it will be almost impossible to remove! DGX has plugs with a pressure relief valve.

DGX HP Sealing DIN Plug w/Pressure Release | Dive Gear Express®
The plug you suggest is an excellent choice. My comment about making a brass plug was only intended to improve durability beyond that of the plastic plug. I did not intend to put an o-ring seal at the bottom. I did not intend to make them pressure tight. Thank you for identifying a potential issue.

The plug you suggest is an excellent choice. My comment about making a brass plug was only intended to improve durability beyond that of the plastic plug. I did not intend to put an o-ring seal at the bottom. I did not intend to make them pressure tight. Thank you for identifying a potential issue.

I went with delrin plugs.

The hydro facility should have sprayed that area with galvanizing paint.

You could remove all the grease with something like xylene (Xylene: An overview of its health hazards and preventive measures) and then spray paint that area. Do it outside if you choose to...
None of the hydro shops around here paint over the hydro stamp. It sounds like something that the shops should do, but unfortunately, that's not the case here. Thanks for the opinion

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom