28 Hours of No Fly Time?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP here - Just landed in Atlanta. No issues on the flight. Thanks for everyone's advice.

We’re now 18 hours on the ground. Any red frothy bubbles coming out your nose?

So... how much for that $uunto? (Or did you leave it in Bonaire hanging off the dock on a 15’ string?) Be realistic with the price, you weren’t using it, anyway :wink: Not really kidding there! If you’re not using dive gear, WTF you drag it along?

All (most) joking aside- did you learn....something?

norrm:
Don't shoot me I'm just the messenger, quoting from articles such as the one linked below which says "The Navy recommends a minimum of 2 hours before flying after scuba diving".

Flying After Diving: How Long Should You Wait? - AquaViews

Don't believe everything you read.
As far as I can tell, there is NOTHING in the USN Dive manual that supports the 2h time in your link. The link is garbage. Well, the link is fine, but what it links to is not.

You know the same link says a different branch of the military advises 24 hours before flying.

I contacted Leisure Pro about that article, and they are going to change or delete the article. They agree there is no support for the Navy saying 2h is sufficient before flying.

I contacted Leisure Pro about that article, and they are going to change or delete the article. They agree there is no support for the Navy saying 2h is sufficient before flying.
I wonder if it was a typo and the 1 in front fell off in the original source they were looking at (not that I know if the navy recommends that either, but it'd at least be in the realm of what I'd expect)

Edit: Or they were just referencing this article which seems to go back to a '95 issue of Alert Diver: Flying After Diving -- Cracking the DCS Code — DAN | Divers Alert Network — Medical Dive Article

Look out, the grammar police has turned up!

I ain’t perfect either but that one is like nails on a chalkboard.

Thankfully the diver survived. That’s the good news.

We’re now 18 hours on the ground. Any red frothy bubbles coming out your nose?

So... how much for that $uunto? (Or did you leave it in Bonaire hanging off the dock on a 15’ string?) Be realistic with the price, you weren’t using it, anyway :wink: Not really kidding there! If you’re not using dive gear, WTF you drag it along?

All (most) joking aside- did you learn....something?
I don’t understand your attitude in this thread, harassing the OP for asking a legitimate question. It’s a message board, we’re here to discuss things! When EVERYONE says wait 24 hours to fly after diving, and his computer surprisingly says he should wait 28 hours, that’s not of interest? And it’s not like he was the one saying he wanted to sell the computer over it...

sheesh.

Look out, the grammar police has turned up!

Please do realise that a lot of people who are not native English speakers are trying to follow the discussions. English is only my third language for example. Trying to maintain a certain standard shows respect to your readers. Trying to understand expressions and words we don't learn at school is hard enough as it is. If you prefer to write the rest in a way you pleases, well.

Please do realise that a lot of people who are not native English speakers are trying to follow the discussions. English is only my third language for example. Trying to maintain a certain standard shows respect to your readers. Trying to understand expressions and words we don't learn at school is hard enough as it is. If you prefer to write the rest in a way you pleases, well.
Woot? U mad, bro? :cool: :poke:

(English second language here)

I don’t understand your attitude in this thread, harassing the OP for asking a legitimate question. It’s a message board, we’re here to discuss things! When EVERYONE says wait 24 hours to fly after diving, and his computer surprisingly says he should wait 28 hours, that’s not of interest? And it’s not like he was the one saying he wanted to sell the computer over it...

sheesh.

It is one thing to bring something up for discussion from a theoretical standpoint....it is a whole other thing to bring something up for discussion that you will then base an immediate decision on that can affect your health and well-being.

I believe, but am not 100 sure, the point that @Doc was making, was why bother to buy and cart gear around like a dive computer if you are just going to ignore its indications. Relying on the faceless mass of posts on SB or any other forum for advice is combination of senseless and foolish.

I can't imagine DAN said anything to the affect of "don't follow your computer, you are safe to fly"...I imagine them saying something closer to "Your computer is giving you a very conservative indication based on the profiles of your dives, the risk to you if you choose to fly is fairly low." Only the OP and DAN know what was really said by DAN.

-Z

Reactions: Doc
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom