28 Hours of No Fly Time?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I stated it before but I'll state it again...

Hard to argue that it would be unsafe when tons of other computers would say 24 for the same thing.
Is this true or false? The answer is it's true.
Well, we can of course discuss that. But I really don't understand why you're arguing that point towards me when I haven't said anything to contest it. Neither has - IIRC - no-one else here either. So why do you continue your argument?

Well, we can of course discuss that. But I really don't understand why you're arguing that point towards me when I haven't said anything to contest it. Neither has - IIRC - no-one else here either. So why do you continue your argument?

When someone addresses me, I stay on topic. There is something wrong with that? If you say yes then I will have to disagree. Why do you continue yours when you readily admit it’s irrelevant?

When someone addresses me, I stay on topic. There is something wrong with that? If you say yes then I will have to disagree. Why do you continue yours when you readily admit it’s irrelevant?
What is the point you are trying to make with respect to this thread?

Please do realise that a lot of people who are not native English speakers are trying to follow the discussions. English is only my third language for example. Trying to maintain a certain standard shows respect to your readers. Trying to understand expressions and words we don't learn at school is hard enough as it is. If you prefer to write the rest in a way you pleases, well.
I understand that, I guess that's why my post went right over your head :)
Fixed That For You.
Bugger lol

I ain’t perfect either but that one is like nails on a chalkboard.

Thankfully the diver survived. That’s the good news.
The correct statement is "Yer gonna die!"

It is one thing to bring something up for discussion from a theoretical standpoint....it is a whole other thing to bring something up for discussion that you will then base an immediate decision on that can affect your health and well-being.

I believe, but am not 100 sure, the point that @Doc was making, was why bother to buy and cart gear around like a dive computer if you are just going to ignore its indications. Relying on the faceless mass of posts on SB or any other forum for advice is combination of senseless and foolish.

I can't imagine DAN said anything to the affect of "don't follow your computer, you are safe to fly"...I imagine them saying something closer to "Your computer is giving you a very conservative indication based on the profiles of your dives, the risk to you if you choose to fly is fairly low." Only the OP and DAN know what was really said by DAN.

-Z
I cart around an SPG that is marked in red 500psi and below. I ignore that all the time. I'm not gonna go looking for one that doesn't have the red.

There are computers that will not show over 24hr desat or no fly?
Yes

That's better.
I think your post #53 said this in its entirety:
View attachment 560107
So it appears your major point here, the point you are arguing, is that if lots of computers say 24h is safe, then 28h is also safe.
But no one said 28h was unsafe; all drk5036 said was it was surprising.

What am I missing?

Apparently what you are missing is what I actually said. The OP asked if flying after 24 hrs is safe. The answer is that it's hard to argue that it isn't. What am I missing? If lots of computers say 24 hr is safe, then it's hard to argue that 24 hrs is not safe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom