D420! How about that?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When the tests show one reg is (slightly) better, but you keep your old one, that is known as rationalisation.

It's a good policy with a wife, but not with scuba. You risk losing your dive card if you are not willing to give up a kidney for the latest toy. Jes sayin'...:letsparty:

I lost my dive card years ago but still have the left lobe of my liver if that will suffice?

Thanks Rob. It is keeping me grounded. I am not rushing out to supplant my current SP fleet.

This includes 109/156, G200b, G250, G250v, G250HP, S600, D350, D400, 108HP, Air1, Pilot (converted), and then my Poseidon XStream (there might be another model or two of SP in a box). Plus, I keep diving my updated DA Aquamaster DH for a significant bit of my diving as well as my Kraken.

I am working on a deal on a pair of C370's that might end up in my lap too....

Curious the SP marketing for the D420...

Keep us posted. Thanks again.

It’s pretty clear why the reg marketing touts sophisticated machine numbers to sell the newest and greatest with improvements being so slight. My 3 G260’s will, along with Zeagle F8 and ZX regs, will probably stay in the front of my uses for some time, until I find a deal on a 420 at some point.

Curious the SP marketing for the D420...

$999 Retail price including Mk25EVO! And appeals mostly to 70's and 80's divers? I'm not giving up my S620 or G260 soon. I have no idea how SP thinks that they're going to sell loads of these. I set up a Mk25EVO with G260, D420 and S550. Will try them in the pool today. I sorta kinda understand why people with a lot of money buy the Mk25 Titanium. But to lay out a grand for what is essentially a piece of nostalgia is beyond me.

$999 Retail price including Mk25EVO! And appeals mostly to 70's and 80's divers? I'm not giving up my S620 or G260 soon. I have no idea how SP thinks that they're going to sell loads of these. I set up a Mk25EVO with G260, D420 and S550. Will try them in the pool today. I sorta kinda understand why people wit a lot of money buy the Mk25 Titanium. But to lay out a grand for what is essentially a piece of nostalgia is beyond me.

I'm pretty positive that you would find out if you would do a dive below 130 feet (40+meter) with a D-series......

I’ve heard a rumor that the D420 will be paired with a mk19. Only way to get the 19 in the US

MK19 with an SG650. what's the 650?
upload_2020-1-9_11-20-36.png

I'm pretty positive that you would find out if you would do a dive below 130 feet (40+meter) with a D-series......
^-- This!!!
Don't underestimate the value of that short gas flow path.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom