Subsurface support for Divesoft Freedom?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

estresao

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi every one,

I'm mulling over the idea of getting a Divesoft Freedom computer and was checking whether it's one of te supported by Subsurface.

What I've found is that seems like at some point they were supported, but they are no longer supported.... or something similar.

In that thread @barracuda annouced a new Subsurface version which included support for Divedoft Freedom computers: Announcing Subsurface 4.4

But the current supported computers list doesn't contain them anymore: Supported Dive Computers | Subsurface

So I assume Subsurface team decided to no longer support Divesoft computers for some reason?

Thanks!

If I remember correctly, the Divesoft Freedom behaves like a USB flash drive when connected to a PC. So the import to Subsurface is not via a download (using libdivecomputer which is - unfortunately - used to compile the list of supported dive computers) but you simply open the file on the drive. So, yes, it is supported by Subsurface.

Yea, and if you want there should be a filter to only show the Divesoft file extensions. I'm just going on what I saw in the code and docs; it's looking for a file to read in vs talking to a dive computer over the libdivecomputer mechanism. Pretty nice if it can mount the watch as a disk and read it in like atdotde says.

Back
Top Bottom