Jetstream body and mouthpiece

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kombiguy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I just noticed something that seems odd. On some Jetstream bodies, where the mouthpiece is placed, there are two tabs molded in on either side. Some bodies have them, some don't. Is there anything special about these bodies, either positive or negative? I am wondering if this is why one of my jetstreams brethes wet.

I hope it's visible enough.

Attachments

• IMG_2123.jpg
    IMG_2123.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 190
curious indeed. I don't know if I've ever seen that on mine before. I'll have to pay attention next time I change the mouthpieces. I can't imagine it's a good thing though unless it keeps the zip ties from moving

I think I'll check it against another body and see if that isn't the cause of the wet breathing. I'll also check the diaphragm seating.

I think I'll check it against another body and see if that isn't the cause of the wet breathing. I'll also check the diaphragm seating.
Worst case scenario you can take them off with a dremel in about 2 minutes

I have a Jetstream body with those tabs, associated with the PP (positive pressure) version used with the Atmosphere full face mask. I had assumed that they were intended to stabilize the "regulator clamps," which fit around the mouthpiece tube. Here are a couple of photos of that assembly (the clamps, backward, for illustration), on a mask that is currently being serviced.

I have since noticed them on a few others . . .

Attachments

• IMG_2019.JPG
    IMG_2019.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_2018.JPG
    IMG_2018.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 170
File them off. They can cause water ingress if mouthpiece is dislodged a little bit.

File them off. They can cause water ingress if mouthpiece is dislodged a little bit.

I found those tabs on two; missing on two others. There has been no wet breathing or any other issues with them . . .

Well, I sliced them off with an Xacto knife. I'll be diving the Tuesday, so I'll be able to see if that fixes the wet breathing issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom