My AN/DP/Helitrox course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had been following your other post here and your posts on FB, glad to see you're finally getting there.

*insert witty comment about fundies here*

We use springs as our "pool sessions" but yeah, pool sessions have a place. Good luck!

certainly no need for pools in your neck of the woods. For classes like intro to tech and AN/DP, the pool is critical IMO *or pool like area*. There's no need to actually go into open water for introduction of the skills with regards to buoyancy/trim/propulsion and bottle handling. You need something like a quarry for at least a day at the end to get the skills validated with depth changes. If you don't do any pool work in those courses I seriously question your judgement as an instructor.....

Fundies doesn’t do deco or helitrox. How is it relevant? Did you even take fundies?

I have not taken fundies, I did a class that was close taught by GUE instructors. My understanding is what was taught is some of the same, bouyancy, breathing control, trim, propulsion etc. I have not started my tech journey yet (april) but a good foundation on the above seems like a good start for going tech.

As for pool work, I think it's a great way to pratice skills till you can do them in the dark, blindfolded in other words till they become second nature.

Fundies doesn’t do deco or helitrox. How is it relevant? Did you even take fundies?

If you haven't been following Marie's threads, some people who have nothing better to contribute have seen mentioning Fundies at every opportunity as a running joke, and others, including Marie, as trolling and cause for deletion by the mods. Fair warning to all.

Marie has stated unequivocally several times that she will never take fundies. Initially, before her position may have been widely known by all, some people would mention taking it and she would be overly dismissive in a variety of ways. Eventually some GUE people, who at this point were well aware of her stance, would joking recommend fundies in different threads to her comments.

I suspect you have been on the board long enough to witness most of this so this comment is more just to give some context if someone who is unaware.

I would also love to see an example of someone dismissing pool practice for tech training.....

Previously, suggesting fundies might have been relevant to the skills or course she was discussing (even if suggested as a joke).

in this case, I don’t see how it is actually relevant to the topic at hand. @Scuba Cobra doesn’t even appear to be GUE trained.

Is there an advantage to taking AN/DP and Helitrox together? On here, I commonly see divers mention the first two usually together but not in combination of the third.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom