Regulator Choice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would go with Aqualung or Scubapro they are the big dogs and you can find someone to service them almost everywhere. My personal favorite is the Aqualung Legend LX

Buying from leisure pro or any other online distribution is best..outside of the flea market here. I’d go with a named brand like Deep6 or HOG or Aqua Lung. Cant go wrong with either of them.

check out the items for sale here...most all peeps are truly honest.

The Rural Juror?

That is an entry level setup that would probably work fine and is a good value at $250, but if it goes any higher than that would obviously be a lesser value. Do you have a shop that will work on Ebay regulators? Hint - tell them you got them from your Uncle. Mentioning Ebay in many shops gets you an immediate cold shoulder.

It depends so much on what YOU want. There are very good used regulators out there that were $700-800 new that can be picked up for way less than half that and still serviced.

What is your budget? You can get a very good serviceable older regulator set for less than a couple of hundred bucks. If you are willing to invest a little time and effort you can do your own servicing and really get into some inexpensive top quality equipment.

The life cycle of a lot of quality regulators for manufacture is very long. Some being in production for 20 years of more. You can get one of those and be assured of long time support from the manufacturer and pick up an earlier version very inexpensively. Plus the fact that basic design hasn`t really changed in 50 years. As a good example Scubapro makes a new regulator set that sells in the $800 range but it`s basic innards are the same as a 1st and 2nd you can get for $125.

Good luck and enjoy the journey!

Back
Top Bottom