Woman’s Wetsuit Suggestions (frequent use)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You'll get a little bit of scuffing and wear but it should stay good after. My knees are scuffed from dealing with students and the back and under the chest strap have some pilling from my bc.
Good to know

If your wife was happy with the fit of the Henderson TherMAXX, she might consider the Henderson AquaLock. It is a much more durable design and material. We use Henderson suits here at the aquarium where i work and when we tested the TherMAXX, they just weren't durable enough. We are now testing the AquaLock and they are looking good so far. Two of the biggest issues we have with suits (seams and knee pads) are just not an issue with the AquaLock due to it's design so I am hopeful that theses will be an upgrade from the Thermoprene suits most of our staff use.

Henderson website says they are moving beyond neoprene effective 11/1/19. Do you know what this is about?

Henderson website says they are moving beyond neoprene effective 11/1/19. Do you know what this is about?

I have gotten a Greenprene suit to test. I do not think that it will be as durable as the AquaLock (the seams are not taped), but it is an absolutely great looking suit. I did a direct (back to back dives) comparison between the 3mm AquaLock and the 3mm Greenprene. The Greenprene is more flexible feeling, but the AquaLock is definitely warmer. I did both dives in 78 degree water and the fact that the AquaLock seams are taped means that you don't get water in through the seams. This makes a big difference in how water enters the suit initially and makes it feel a bit warmer. I probably have 50 dives in the Aqualock (maybe more) and a dozen dives in the Greenprene.

Since your wife is looking for durable, I would still recommend the AquaLock. It seems like it is designed to last.

Jackie

Back
Top Bottom