Atomic Aquatics Hose Recall Service - Shout out to Blue Octopus Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

delacrue96

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Howdy all! This is a shout out to Blue Octopus Scuba of Alexandria. I contacted them via email to bring in my two Atomic Aquatics B2 octos for warranty hose replacement. They promptly responded to me within the hour. I brought in my octos on 12 Dec and received them back with service completed on 27 Dec. Great turnaround, even during the holidays! To compare, I contacted two other dive shops in the area, one took awhile to respond and the other didn't even respond at all. When I asked the one shop that responded how long the hose replacement would take, they stated "It usually takes about 4 weeks for us to get the new hoses back." I know where I'm going for future scuba service. If you need friendly, prompt service, I highly recommend going to Blue Octopus Scuba for all your needs. That is all (Mandalorian)!

I brought in my octos on 12 Dec and received them back with service completed on 27 Dec.
Hi @delacrue96 Did this include servicing the regulators or was this just a hose remove and replace?

Hi @delacrue96 Did this include servicing the regulators or was this just a hose remove and replace?
Hi @couv, it was the hose removal and replacement only. We will bring back for annual service next month.

15 days. Wow!

Hi @couv, it was the hose removal and replacement only. We will bring back for annual service next month.
Hi @delacrue96 I really don't know how to put this gently. Replacing hoses on a regulator and SPG should take only a matter of minutes, and should be done in the presence of the owner. There is no reason to have left your regulators in the shop unless they were so busy they just could not get around to replacing the hoses while you watched/waited. Unless they did not have the replacement hoses-in which case they should have explained that over the phone.

Please learn to do this simple task on your own. Google "replacing a scuba regulator hose" and you'll see plenty of option and tutorials. Here is one:
Also, please read this sticky for other items you may find useful.
Regulator Inspection and Checklist (Rev-8)

15 days. Wow!

Yeah, wow!

Provided that hoses were in stock, and it took five minute or less to replace everything -- six, if someone allowed wrenches to somehow walk away. I swapped out hoses the other day; and I am still alive to tell the tale . . .

Hi @delacrue96 I really don't know how to put this gently. Replacing hoses on a regulator and SPG should take only a matter of minutes, and should be done in the presence of the owner. There is no reason to have left your regulators in the shop unless they were so busy they just could not get around to replacing the hoses while you watched/waited. Unless they did not have the replacement hoses-in which case they should have explained that over the phone.

Please learn to do this simple task on your own. Google "replacing a scuba regulator hose" and you'll see plenty of option and tutorials. Here is one:
Also, please read this sticky for other items you may find useful.
Regulator Inspection and Checklist (Rev-8)

Since it was under the hose recall, I deferred to the shop and manufacturer to replace free of charge. I'll keep this info in mind next time I need to replace hose. Thanks @couv !

Since it was under the hose recall, I deferred to the shop and manufacturer to replace free of charge. I'll keep this info in mind next time I need to replace hose. Thanks @couv !

What surprised some of us here, are that hoses themselves, unless they have, say, a built-in OPV, are relatively inexpensive and not commonly brand-specific. Why your shop couldn't simply swap things out, in a few minutes (and keep the recall hoses) like most every place that I have ever dealt with, was puzzling. That's all . . .

What surprised some of us here, are that hoses themselves, unless they have, say, a built-in OPV, are relatively inexpensive and not commonly brand-specific. Why your shop couldn't simply swap things out, in a few minutes (and keep the recall hoses) like most every place that I have ever dealt with, was puzzling. That's all . . .
Interesting! They did swap out for same brand hoses, Atomic Aquatics. Not sure if it would matter that the octos were swivel.

Interesting! They did swap out for same brand hoses, Atomic Aquatics. Not sure if it would matter that the octos were swivel.

Well, with very few exceptions, scuba companies no more manufacture their own hoses, than they do their so-called "branded" tanks . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom