Suex Xjoy 14 oring sizes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elpapagayo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
has anyone access to suex xjoy 14 service manual? (disassembling)

thx
Regard elp.

Hi

Maybe someone knows O-ring sizes for suex xjoy 14 or 37 ? especially shaft seal ?

Regards
elp.

Just contact Suex directly or D3 Diving in G'ville, FL. Get a quick answer.

suex dont want tell me that...this is the worst customer approach I've ever seen

You might also try contacting Extreme Exposure (Extreme Exposure), since they have been a dealer, to see if they can / will help.

Don't be too put off by Suex not wanting to provide information. Many / most manufacturers prefer to work through dealers, and many / most (but not all) don't want end users performing service. There are obvious commercial reasons, and probably liability issues as well. We may not like it, but it is what it is.

As a distant possibility / aka longshot, you might also touch base with Curt Deremer, at DPV Repair (http://dpvrepair.com/). The website doesn't indicate he services Suex. But, he might have a suggestion about where to get information. He may not, but it won't hurt to ask.

suex dont want tell me that...this is the worst customer approach I've ever seen

Its not "bad customer service", there is more to a reliable shaft seal service than the o-rings if the plates are worn, the new o-rings will not seal and if not vacuum tested the seal could fail and then you are looking at big bucks.

What's bad about it? You want bypass them to buy parts and expect them to supply you with their sources. Not supplying customers with their suppliers part numbers is pretty standard in most manufactured products.

Its not "bad customer service", there is more to a reliable shaft seal service than the o-rings if the plates are worn, the new o-rings will not seal and if not vacuum tested the seal could fail and then you are looking at big bucks.

I know well what is a shaft seal , I know why they changed the material for this seal, I know what causes a leak there, I have their service video for that also; it's really not complicated, it's constructed differently today.
I got it, nevermind.... look for good firm like dive-xtras, seacraft - this is what the customer expects.

thank you all for help

I know well what is a shaft seal , I know why they changed the material for this seal, I know what causes a leak there, I have their service video for that also; it's really not complicated, it's constructed differently today.
Did you get to the xjoy14 service manual or know the dimensions of the shaft orings?

Back
Top Bottom