Shearwater - Single Yellow Transmitter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaveSloth

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My girlfriend bought me a single yellow transmitter for Christmas. I do not have a gray one. Will it be ok to use the yellow transmitter in a single transmitter application?

My girlfriend bought me a single yellow transmitter for Christmas. I do not have a gray one. Will it be ok to use the yellow transmitter in a single transmitter application?

Yes.

Yup - running either color as a single is fine . You just shouldn't run 2 transmitters of the same color together due to potential for interference.

Yup - running either color as a single is fine . You just shouldn't run 2 transmitters of the same color together due to potential for interference.
I do it all the time...I just make sure I don't turn them on at the same time. At a 5s repetition rate, if I turn them on 2-3 s apart, even with a little clock drift the potential for interference is really low.

Definitely ok.

From Shearwater directly, the only difference is the data transmission interval. The grey is 5 seconds and the yellow is 5.2 seconds. Keeps them from interfering with each other if you have two transmitters.

I do it all the time...I just make sure I don't turn them on at the same time. At a 5s repetition rate, if I turn them on 2-3 s apart, even with a little clock drift the potential for interference is really low.
Your choice - but against Shearwaters reco. I run a yellow and a grey. I do agree the risk of interference is low with 2 of the same color transmitter but, if planning on running 2, it's best to get one of each color.

Your choice - but against Shearwaters reco. I run a yellow and a grey. I do agree the risk of interference is low with 2 of the same color transmitter but, if planning on running 2, it's best to get one of each color.
I agree. But my setup predates the existence of the yellows.

Back
Top Bottom