Where to stay? 2 weeks, 2 locations possible

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Germie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
We are in an orientation phase for 2 weeks diving in the Philippines.
We prefer for 1 week a housereef with unlimited diving, and some options for boatdiving. The other week can be wreckdiving only for example.
But stay 2 weeks at 1 place is also an option.
What is important:
-Price. Not looking for 50 dollar or more per dive dives, we are looking for a good package with a lot of diving.
-Divetime not limited to only 45minutes.
-Some wrecks possible
-Nice accomodation, cheap but nice is ok for us, luxery is not bad, but not needed.
-Easy transfer from airport to divecenter possible
-Guided dives not needed, we are experienced divers and instructors. So if a guide has to go with us, no big groups.
-Photographers.
-Nightdives possible.

I know, Philippines is big. But what are good places that are 'cheap'? With an housereef and good diving. Not looking for luxery. For boatdives also easy: Just a taxi to the divesite, and a tank is enough.

1. I have never paid more than US$30.00 for a dive anywhere in the country.
2. The best wreck diving is in Coron, Subic does not come anywhere near.
3. Easy transfer? Public or private? They are all relatively easy for me albeit some of them are time consuming.
4. No dive guide? You have to consult with the operator for this requirement. As far as I know you won't stand a chance on boat dive. But I could be wrong here.
5. Photographers? Unless you are willing to pay for a private guide otherwise you are just another paying customer. Why would a photographer be treated any difference?
6. Most places do offer night dive.
7. Unlimited diving on house-reef! Good luck.

I wish I could have been more helpful but some of your request seem a bit far fetch!

We want to dive where you can take good pictures, not only sand and no need for a guide to point everything part of the fun is to find yourself of course. So normal divers, only diving with extra equipment.

Coron I have found something.
I also found a place with unlimited 24/7 housereef diving.
But I hope to find more options.

Transfers must be 'easy', so not take 10 hours because of no boat, bus or whatever. Dont mind taxi, private, offered, or self catered, but not a whole day in time after arriving somewhere by plane. A few hours no problem.

I found a travel agency who offers philippines, but for prices that are way to high if you book yourself.

Where is this place that offer unlimited 24/7 housereef diving?
Diving in Coron is a whole day business unless staying very close to the wrecks. And those resorts are tend to be on the expensive side.
There is absolutely no need to ask any agents to arrange diving trip in the country.

Nice to hear. I have to look up where the housereef is. It is at home somewhere in a list.
Travel agents ask more than 30 dollar for a dive. And yes, I can find lower prices on internet if you arrange yourself.

Muck diving is not directly my favorite.

For what it’s worth, it’s rare (I’ve never experienced in my 100 dives in many countries) in Asia to find places that will let you self guide dives off a boat. Sometimes for house reefs it’s possible.

For what it’s worth, it’s rare (I’ve never experienced in my 100 dives in many countries) in Asia to find places that will let you self guide dives off a boat. Sometimes for house reefs it’s possible.
I did without problems in Thailand. On shoredives I never dove with a guide.

Check out the Blue Orchid in Moalboal. I loved it there. Checks most of your boxes. Caters to the tastes of Western clientele

Anola Beach in Pangalou has good diving.

It is not an area of resorts with house dive shops but a concentrated area with many hotels and places to stay with a beach lined with independent dive shops and restaurants. I had an Airbnb for less than 1,000 p a night ($US20)

However I thing that not diving with a guide will be very difficult to arrange. Depending on how many in your group you can ask for your own guide and pick your own dive sites. I had several dives with just me an the guide, there was no additional costs for that.

No wrecks but lots of reefs and coral.

Going in the low season will give you more flexibility on when and where to dive.

I dove with Philippine Fun Divers there and can recommend them, They gave me 10% off after 10 dives.

Back
Top Bottom