How to secure fins on BC after dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it is only for a short time and you clip your spg, you can use this to clip your fins: pass the spg inside the fins and then clip.

edit: @_Ralph beat me to it

I do a lot of shore dives and i've used all methods described here + some custom 1" straps looped permanently to my belt slide. I like the large carabiner the best as i've lost bolt snap types before and i hate the danglies while in the water. Carabiners dont dangle as much and they are harder to unclip. Plus i like hanging my fins off my chest d rimg and kind of hold them off to the side under my arms while i walk to the beach. Anything lower and they bump my legs too often and annoy me.

If you have an SPG hose, +1 on running the SPG hose through the fin straps and re-clipping.

And you guys wonder why we practice clipping and unclipping. JK.

Almost everyone in my club uses a carabiner, we dive fresh water lakes mostly so no problem with corrosion.

Although I understand the SPG method I personally dont like the idea of hanging a couple of kilos of fins, RK3s for example, on it. The idea of constantly pulling on a LP hose doesn't appela to me at all. ( I know it's only a couple of minutes each time but ......)

hey guys, was wondering what are the ways you guys secure your fins after a shore dive? My current idea is getting those clips like the ones you get from shearwater and clipping it to your bc followed by securing the bungee strap to the clip.

Dumb question, but why not just put them on your wrist? By the way, I find it much better if you put both on one wrist. That hand is no more encumbered than if there was only one, and the other is not encumbered at all.

+1 for the no unitaskers! :) That is literally a family motto for us.

Dumb question, but why not just put them on your wrist? By the way, I find it much better if you put both on one wrist. That hand is no more encumbered than if there was only one, and the other is not encumbered at all.

+1 for the no unitaskers! :) That is literally a family motto for us.

I is dumb from the beginning haha! I’d just prefer to be handsfree. Obviously if needed I would just hold it. I am just curios as to the methods of our members

I’d just prefer to be handsfree. Obviously if needed I would just hold it.
I don't think he meant to hold them in your hands, just to push the straps up onto your wrists so they're dangling from each of your lower forearms, and your hands can still grab a ladder.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom