Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment for non-diving related sudden hearing loss

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't see a lot of this, but there is some evidence to suggest that HBO will help with SSNHL (i.e. other causes ruled out). SSNHL is difficult to study, since it's hard to get randomized groups. The last big meta analysis that I saw didn't suggest a consistent benefit from steroids, but I think that I would take them if I had it.

The etiology isn't clear either - might be an ischemic event (as DDM suggested), or possibly an autoimmune phenomenon (which is the theory behind steroids).

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Don't see a lot of this, but there is some evidence to suggest that HBO will help with SSNHL (i.e. other causes ruled out). SSNHL is difficult to study, since it's hard to get randomized groups. The last big meta analysis that I saw didn't suggest a consistent benefit from steroids, but I think that I would take them if I had it.

The etiology isn't clear either - might be an ischemic event (as DDM suggested), or possibly an autoimmune phenomenon (which is the theory behind steroids).

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

This is what I have from the patient:

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-01-15 at 12.23.01.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-01-15 at 12.23.01.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 76
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-01-15 at 12.23.01(1).jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-01-15 at 12.23.01(1).jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 82
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-01-15 at 12.23.00(1).jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-01-15 at 12.23.00(1).jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 87