Camera Rig Negativity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds great. Doing much the same sort of photography at Bikini this summer.

Let me know what you think about the UW Technics converter. I've been contemplating that as well.

I am not going to install it immediately for my trip to Bonaire in March/April. It is a learning curve to itself. I did stick it on the camera and it seems to work as advertised. The advantage being not having to use the onboard flash. The other advantages are a Manual mode and a sTTL mode, again, not using the camera flash. But, you have to select WL for flash and I think I can custom key that but not sure. Frankly I am a bit slow with things like that. If anyone knows how to do that then please? The instructions that came with the converter are for smart people which does not include me. The converter allows flash with up to 1/250 sync speed too I think.

James

I did a Jacuzzi lens test this afternoon (the pool was not available and swimming my laps with a UW camera did not seem right or at least be considered odd (confirmed by the last time I did it). I installed the Sigma 19mm f2.8 art lens and the WWL-1. This test was intended to confirm there is no visible vignetting (is that redundant?). The result is that all indications show clear corners with no darkening. I had noticed some indication of darkening, perhaps (probably) my imagination, with the Sigma 19 and WWL-1 while dry but once the rig is flooded in the water all is clear.

The measured weight of the housing and WWL-1 lens in the water was 2.36 pounds (38 ounces). Really, it did not feel too bad, a little nose heavy. I did not have my strobes installed nor did I have the WWL-1 float collar accessory installed. I think with the 200X70 float arms and the WWL-1 float collar I will be okay. The 38 - 16 (for float collar) = 22 ounces and two 100mm skeleton arms (about) - 1 ounce each and the Inon D-2000 strobes are - 2 ounces each, hmmm, it might be too positive because I am calculating -28 ounces, considering the Nauticam 200X7 arms are + 26 ounces?

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom