Missing Batteries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vaughan

New
Reaction score
I arrived in COZ last Saturday and left my computer bag in the taxi as it zoomed off. Amongst the many things I lost are my Olympus TG5 batteries as well as 10000 lm big blue light batteries. Any ideas where I can get replacements in Cozumel?

Contact taxi dispatch and ask them to see if a driver has it. You may need some spanish translation skills.

If it was a airport shuttle, you need to contact them.

I arrived in COZ last Saturday and left my computer bag in the taxi as it zoomed off. Amongst the many things I lost are my Olympus TG5 batteries as well as 10000 lm big blue light batteries. Any ideas where I can get replacements in Cozumel?

I did the same thing once. The taxi office was fantastic, and went to considerable effort to reunite me with my goodies. It was further complicated by the fact that we were staying on the mainland, and weren't going to be back on the island for two days. Sorry to admit that I don't speak Spanish either.

Forgot some dive gear in the trunk of a taxi. I asked another taxi driver about it and he and some other drivers tracked down the taxi I had taken. They were able to tell the driver about the stuff in the trunk, and about 20 minutes later I had it back. I've had some really nice experiences with taxi drivers there, and zero bad experiences.

I left my carry on - you know, all the stuff I could not afford to lose, i.e., cameras, money, passports, Rx masks, etc. - on a shuttle a few years ago. In a panic I caught a cab back to the airport, and as I was getting out of the cab I heard someone calling, "Señor, señor!" It was the shuttle driver, standing next to the shuttle with the door open, pointing to my bag. He gave me a ride back to my hotel and didn't ask for money. I tipped him well.

I left my camera bag (with camera inside) in a taxi last October when getting dropped off at our El Cantil condo. I realized it was missing when I went to clean my gear about 30 minutes after getting dropped off. When I went down to the street to go to the condo office, the taxi driver had just pulled up and gotten out of his cab with my camera case. When a wonderful man!

Great to hear so many good stories. I wish it would happen to me. :-(

Back
Top Bottom