New DPV - Dive Xtras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Tompot blenny would qualify I guess. Google it, and you will see.
Gonna sell a whole container of scooters called "the Dive X-tras Blenny"..... o_O

Gonna sell a whole container of scooters called "the Dive X-tras Blenny"..... o_O

I would buy one for sure, and drive it around in the lowest gear.
And make it very silent, please. It will fit a certain style of diving not served yet.

New videos on the Blacktip manual page if people are interested in seeing more details:
BlackTip User Manual - The Comprehensive Scooter Guide by Dive Xtras

Thanks for all the votes on the sticker design, we have the most popular one going into production. Sorry to all the Blenny lovers, we will look into making that scooter soon.

This is how I mounted things today onto the scooter that arrived yesterday. I'm just a lowly rec diver, who will have to learn to use a DPV, but I think those two add on doo dads will function OK.

IMG_0175.jpeg

Anyone mount a gopro to their BlackTip yet?
If yes please share how.
I've been using the stick on/adhesive mount for GoPro on my Sierra for several years. Would probably work on the Black Tip too?

Since the motor assembly is (pretty much) the same as the P1, can the trigger be swapped the the trigger a P1 has? Is there any possibility of a longer body in the future to maybe use 3-4 batteries, or will it forever only be the included PVC body corn2 batteries?

I really liked the blacktip, I really did not like the button style trigger.

Also, is it shipping with stickers on it now? Or just included in the box like previously suggested?

Since the motor assembly is (pretty much) the same as the P1, can the trigger be swapped the the trigger a P1 has? Is there any possibility of a longer body in the future to maybe use 3-4 batteries, or will it forever only be the included PVC body corn2 batteries?

I really liked the blacktip, I really did not like the button style trigger.

Also, is it shipping with stickers on it now? Or just included in the box like previously suggested?

Hi

Other than 2 parts, the shroud and prop blade, there is no similarity between the P1 and Blacktip, the design and construction are totally different. So, no interchanging parts other than the two you mention.

We do have a scooter that has the P1 trigger and allows you to use multiple batteries for a longer run time. you can find it here. :wink:

I plan to attach no fewer than 6 compasses all roughly the size of a baby's head all the way around the tube using several tubes of Aquaseal. Can you please post a graph detailing how that might affect runtime and trim? :wink:

Looks like a very cool new scooter, Ben.

Latin on an ugly wanna be morale patch? I bet it's super popular with the airsoft combat diver crowd.....

The ribbed external surface of the nose cone is my only real issue with the BlackTip. It traps moisture which leads to a few drops invariably falling into the DPV when you remove the nose cone. Unlike the Piranha nose cone, you can't effectively wipe it dry before opening it. You may want to invest in a rubber blow tip to connect to your BC inflator hose after the dive, to you some of your reserve gas to blow the water off it before you change batteries. The good news is that there doesn't seem to be much inside that would immediately be bothered by splash.

I have found an effective way to eliminate the issue of splashing water when pulling the cap. You can just drape a small towel over the nose before pulling it off. The towel will catch any water flying off before it can fall into the scooter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom